1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

Why ? what have they done to poor old Cardiff ?

2. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

Leeds seem to be doing everything right at the mo.
    New owner who is properly committed to the club and is not a crooked shit stain, incompetent or a lunatic.
    New skillful signings like Alioski and Siaz who look like serious bargains. And the new teenage dutch beast Jay Roy Grot could prove to be the same.
    Quick attacking football, very solid defence. New signings still to come in.
    The manager and the scouting team clearly doing very things very right.

If you'd have told me three months ago that we'd would have lost green, woods and monk id have been deeply pessimistic - but it now looks like our best team since our days in the prem.
    Last season Leeds probably over-performed - but this team looks very good and still has room to improve.

3. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

:cool:

sealion likes this.
  4. sealion

Looking forward to our next home game v leeds. Always a good atmosphere for this one from both sets of fans. We have a decent home record in recent years against Leeds so this will be a good test against a more settled side. I will report back,,

5. sealion

If you could talk up Wolves prospects it would be appreciated. We play them next .

6. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

Great win for millwall, I think things will pick up for them now.

:thumbs:

7. sealion

Shocking howlers

brixtonblade likes this.
  8. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

sealion likes this.
  9. sealion

10. sealion

11. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start.

so, anyone watching transfer deadline day with baited breath? Can't decide whether 'Arry is gonna bankrupt us or he's going to build a very decent team, or both tbh. Supposedly signing Alex Song! And Jota is a very good player too if we can get him. Apparently this chelsea kid we signed is a very good player too. Wouldn't mind Ryan Kent from Liverpool as well while we're on a roll!

12. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

You a Brum fan?

The boro forums have been going nuts over Jota. Apparently he's the missing link we need to "smash the league", but we put in a pitiful offer and now he's agreed terms with Brum? :(

13. sealion

I'll go for both :) Rumour is Jack Wilshire from Arsenal coming to you on loan,,

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  14. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start.

Brum fan indeed. Would be amazed if Wilshire signs, our fans have given him dogs abuse in the past, but stranger things happen i suppose. Am really hoping for Jota, apparently he's having a medical, but we could get gazumped as they say. It's a slightly distasteful pantomime innit, deadline day, but I can't help myself checking it out anyway.

sealion likes this.
  15. sealion

Lorca likes this.
  16. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Boga was excellent in our pre season games, fast and strong. He'll do well for you and I also think that Harley Dean from Brentford is quite a good acquisition along with Jota.

Harry's certainly up to summat.

17. sealion

brixtonblade likes this.
  18. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

sealion likes this.
  19. sealion

I also think the window should shut before the football starts.

20. brixtonblade

Yeah, agreed. I don't think that will get rid of all the brinkmanship but it might reduce it and starting the season with a finished squad has got to be a good thing. Even less time for playoff winners to prepare though although that's not really a consideration for the blades

sealion likes this.
  21. sealion

I think Huddersfield are a good example. They had everyone signed up before pre season training resumed. It's a policy there manager brought in.

22. sealion

23. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Pretty much a perfect day for Boro.

First away win in the league in over a year.
    Scored 3.
    Clean sheet.
    Debut goal for Johnson. And he looked lively.

And, and...Adama Traore finally showed an end product :eek:

Moar!! :thumbs:

Lorca and sealion like this.
  24. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

leeds 5 burton 0. Leeds totally dominating from start to finish, 30 shots on goal to burtons 1. 7th clean sheet in a row. 2nd in table. best goal difference in the leauge. unbeaten all competitions.

And the team hasn't had time to gell yet ...

Look out championship.

sealion and Fez909 like this.
  25. sealion

We have you down the den next so i will report back. We have a decent home record against Leeds but i fear this team has a bit more about them. You don't seem to be missing Chris Wood either!

Kaka Tim likes this.
  26. sealion

Sheer power and determination for the first goal, great to see.

Fez909 likes this.
  27. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop......Hammertime

Finally Wednesday get going, forest had their moments but we were really positive going forward.

Forestieri out for 3 months, but we've got enough striking options to hopefully kick on now.

28. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop......Hammertime

Also, it hurts to say but fair play to United for their start, looking forward to the derby even more now, Yorkshire representing.

29. brixtonblade

Very pleased with the result today. Pretty confident we'll be staying up now so the pressure is off a bit.

30. sealion

All the weekends goals here,,,
    Video

Lambert Simnel and brixtonblade like this.