1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

A right old ding dong game at the den last night. End to end stuff and plenty of good attacking football on show from both sides, but neither team could defend. We are getting punished for the slightest mistake this season and have to realise it's not league one that we are playing in anymore. I enjoyed the game and wasn't too pissed off when they scored the winner (seen it all before).A noisy and well supported ( 2k at a guess) Ipswich have a good forward line and an experienced manager in Mick Mccarthy, but i don't expect them to finish in the top ten, going on lasts nights performance.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    Maltin and BCBlues like this.
  2. sealion

3. sealion

Midweek stats
    31 goals, 8 clean sheets, 1 own goal and 1 red card.

4. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Wolves do look good

5. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start.

well,that was absolute dogs**ite! we just lost to burton albion and tbh, they thoroughly deserved to win. its crap sometimes innit, supporting a perennially useless team. at the beginning of every season you think this year is gonna be different, but it never bloody is! Why couldn't my uncle have took me to old trafford as a kid instead of st andrews. bah! :mad:

Fez909 and sealion like this.
  6. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Cheer up. You're still above the Villa.

7. Lorca

only 'till tomorrow, knowing our luck. its the gypsy curse i tell ye!

8. sealion

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  9. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Not good enough to handle the mighty city.

10. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

True . Cardiff have had a belting start .

11. sealion

12. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Pleased to have 6 points from first 4 games. Still too early to say anything much for certain but a bit worried we're not scoring much. Going to need to make our chances count

13. sealion

14. technical

technical stripey

Wednesday managed to get the season up and running on Saturday. Have to say I didn't think Fulham played very well - incredibly wasteful in possession, particularly after we went in front. Performances like that are not going to get them anywhere near the top 6.

15. sealion

16. 1927

Who's top?

17. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

Interesting how well Ipswich are doing after getting dicked 6 (six) 1 at Charlton in pre-season.

18. sealion

I read somewhere that they have only had 12 shots on target but have scored 9 times.

19. sealion

20. sealion

21. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

I had money on the Villa tonight, they really are having a sluggish start. I won't be backing them or Terry individually again for a while.

passenger likes this.
  22. 1927

Getting a bit fed up, another win for Cardiff, and we haven't moved up a place for 3 weeks.

Fez909 likes this.
  23. Lorca

Blues were really, really poor, we lost again, but Reading are no great shakes either. They seem to win by boring the opposition to death. Also, boring ground (surely the most soulless stadium in the UK) and boring fans heh! I think we're cursed with injuries, we signed Carl Jenkinson on loan, off injured within 20 minutes of his debut. I think my prediction table posted earlier may have been a tad optimistic on reflection :oops:!

sealion likes this.
  24. sealion

I went there once and swore i wouldn't go back again. Bloody grounds in the middle of nowhere and shit voiceless fans. Another club fucked by there stint in the prem.

25. sealion

Norwich were awful today, we should have got a few more goals but took our foot off the gas. We finally have a win after playing well against Ipswich and Forest but getting zilch from either game. Wolves away for us next, so todays win was vital, points wise, and a much needed confidence boost too!

pocketscience likes this.
  26. sealion

Leeds are looking strong. Four clean sheets on the spin, beating Sunderland and forest away from home is never easy, so fair play to them.

27. sealion

Weekend stats

28 goals scored in total
    1 og
    10 clean sheets
    0 penalties

Highest attendance-- Sheffield united v Derby. 26,202
    Cardiff and Leeds still unbeaten.

28. sealion

29. sealion

You put the kibosh on them :D

30. 1927

Corrected for you.

Not unhappy people aren't talking us up tho and C5 highlights treating us very badly, but hey ho. We'll just keep plugging away and taking the points while people ignore us.