The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Yup can't see me bothering with any of those apart from toytown maybe

2. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

What are Derby County thinking? Hardest job in football is trying to get out of the Championship, so they are in talks with Frank Lampard to be manager, seriously!?

3. sealion

sealion Conscientious selector

No doubt he will have uncle Harry on the wage bill.

4. discokermit

discokermit Well-Known Member

5. pppPenguin

pppPenguin Well-Known Member

We’ve finally signed a world class English footballer!

Lots of excitement in Derby but a complete unknown, hope the optimism lasts!

Also, Rowett hoof ball has gone, there’s much to be happy about, and we have another close neighbour back in the league (Stoke) to dislike.

6. mod

mod A modernist

7. discokermit

8. sealion

9. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

sealion likes this.
  10. sealion

Now these so called big clubs don't bounce striaght back to the prem, it's made the championship more competitive. The parachute payments aren't benefitting those clubs anymore, it all go's on daft contract fees and paying off players.

Fuck em twice!

brixtonblade likes this.
  11. discokermit

this is tax though. potentially much more serious than ffp.
    lol. this has turned out to be the best season in my life so far. wolves promoted with players and manager i like, playing a style i like, albion get relegated, villa invading the pitch at boro then on the verge of going bust a few weeks later.

Lorca, brixtonblade and sealion like this.
  12. discokermit

13. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start

yep, hard to avoid a little chortle at vile's predicament (well ok, i'm howling with laughter.) few chickens coming home to roost i reckon, with all the crap their arrogant fans dished out to us during the carson yeung era at blues. lots of people locally talking about administration and a 12 point deduction, we'll see i guess, most of their fans say they're too big and important to do a pompey afaics. crap joke doing the rounds is i told a viler in the pub wolves have had a bid of 8 million accepted for grelish. you're winding me up he says, nah, i reply, that'll be the hmrc. (sorry!)
    on a wider point, there may be trouble ahead for all clubs owned by chinese investors, because the chinese gov't have apparently imposed strict capital constraints on moving money from china, abroad. could cause big problems? i do wonder if we could see a situation soon in which 6 or so clubs a season find themselves in administration, which the various leagues will be obvs keen to avoid, which is why i think vile may be ok in the end. still, lol.

Benjamin F and discokermit like this.
  14. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start

15. discokermit

enjoy this,

the lad at 0.10 and 2.30 is particularly hilarious, with hindsight.

Lorca likes this.
  16. Benjamin F

Benjamin F Well-Known Member

Aye, and in case anyone was feeling any sympathy for them - here's a few, I'm sure highly unrepresentative, Villa fans response to another team's potential financial demise from just a few year's ago.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    discokermit likes this.
  17. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

Wow and wow. Leeds have hired former Chile , Argentina and Athletico Bilbao coach - and all round coaching legend - Marcelo Bielsa . Apparently the likes of Pep Gaurdiola and Mauricio Pochettino see him as a Guru.
    He is on a shed load of money and the highest paid coach in the clubs history. He is also known as "el loco" - hes walked out on several clubs without any warning.
    Whatever happens its clear leeds are piling in resources in order to get the club promoted - a coach of his stature will be expecting some serious transfer muscle - its gong to an interesting season!

Leeds United: Marcelo Bielsa signs two-year contract to become new manager

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018 at 10:44 AM
  18. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

His Athletic Bilbao team were sublime in 2012