The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. sealion

sealion Splish splash splosh

I never minded swansea, they were great under Rogers in there promotion season and played us off the park. They have been very poor of late. A good day out for us (and Bristol city) next season!

2. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Blimey.

I live in a Saints town - lots of my mates here are Saints fans. They were resigned to relegation.

Surely Cardiff are laughing that they are in a higher division than Swansea next season?

I like derbys too, but lauding it two divisions above Sw*ndon and O*ford beats the fuck out of having to play them!

3. sealion

That's not bad when you put it up against other clubs prices
    The good old early bird offer! I do it at Millwall and save £180 on a season ticket. Works out at £17 a match for a halfway line seat.

4. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Season ticket prices at Cardiff aren't much higher than they were 10 years ago actually, its been very cheap football watching for the level of football we've enjoyed.

sealion likes this.
  5. 1927

Just realised that it was king of ironic that Yann Kermogant played his last game before retirement at the CCS, where he had, arguably, his most infamous moment in his career!

sealion likes this.
  6. sealion

:D

7. discokermit

discokermit Well-Known Member

they cheated by loaning players, then buying them when they turn out to be good?
    this is very cunning. loaning players, then buying them when they turn out to be good. have you informed the efl?
    or you could inform warnock. maybe he could exploit this sneaky loophole of ''loaning players then buying them when they turn out to be good''?

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    copliker and The Octagon like this.
  8. sealion

9. 1927

When is this fixture, I don't want to miss it?

Fez909 and sealion like this.
  10. pppPenguin

pppPenguin Well-Known Member

It’ll have to be next season now :D

I think I may have just upset the universe and granted Fulham a free pass to the final. Guess we’ll find out tonight.

Derbys play off record, played 6, entered final 3 times and win 1.

11. 1927

I doubt very much you'll be playing us next season, unless its in the cups.

12. sealion

I think Fulhams play off record isn't great either. I hope Derby knock them out.

13. 1927

Did you know the word gullible isn't in the dictionary?

You miss the point completely. They were never really loans in the first place.

14. 1927

Hard luck Fulham! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

sealion likes this.
  15. mx wcfc

No, it's not. They got knocked out by Reading last year, and we have the worst play off record, in the world. ever.

16. pppPenguin

Just put in a performance Cardiff City would be proud of!!

Quality footballing side Fulham, i like them a lot and it's unfortunate for them that we've hit the kind of form we were showing mid season. Solid defensively, but how i miss the old footballing side we had under Steve Mclaren.

Sorry universe, I meant only this game.....roll on Monday.

sealion likes this.
  17. 1927

Whos bottling the season now?

18. pppPenguin

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Teams to stop Fulham scoring in the Championship since December 17th 2017:<br><br>1. Derby County<br><br>End of list. <a href="bet365 on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/gU1BDI70QX</a></p>&mdash; bet365 (@bet365) <a href="">May 11, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. mod

mod A modernist

0-3 is a bitter pill.

20. sealion

Nope, i just can't take a fucking cheat, plus i love a London Derby if that's okay with you. I wan't Charlton promoted, i wanted West ham and the Nigels to come down. The more the merrier.

21. mod

mod A modernist

Cheat? You didn’t touch the ball in the 2nd half ffs.

That aside....I’m a massive Jam fan but Jesus this is a bad tune and video

22. sealion

That don't make him no less a cheating dirty cunt.
    :D Fucking arsehole.
    Bale- great player but a cheat, same as Zaha, Owen, Shearer, loads of them, all great players but i will never give them credit for that ^^ reason.

23. sealion

Middlesbrough 0-1 Aston Villa (CHAMPIONSHIP - PLAYOFFS) Highlights
    Derby County 1-0 Fulham (CHAMPIONSHIP - PLAYOFFS) Highlights

Both games surprised me results wise, Fulham looked a bit tired and couldn't seem to get going, although i think they're more than capable of turning it around at home.
    Boro just couldn't get on the end of the many balls into the box. Villa looked strong, well drilled and will be hard to beat in the return leg. I think, i'm right in saying that no team has ever turned around a home defeat in a play off game!

24. 1927

Youd be totally wrong in that belief, as any Cardiff fan wouldvtell you. i don't wan to go into details as I've spent 16 yrs trying to forget the worst night of my life.

25. sealion

Was it a championship game ? We were in the play offs in 2002 along with Wolves and Norwich, got done by Birmingham who beat Norwich in the final.

26. 1927

Play-off semi versus Stoke in first division.

27. sealion

Righto. I think that stat is for the championship! The play offs have been going for thirty years now :eek:

28. 1927

They aren’t perfect but they do keep the season alive. I think a change would be good. 6th play 5th, winner plays 4th, winner plays third who should be guaranteed a final spot!

I’d also introduce sane system in EPL. Bottom 2 go down automatically, but 18th play 17th, loser plays 16th, loser plays 15th, loser relegated!

sealion likes this.
  29. 1927

When play offs started didn’t they have play offs in top division?

30. mx wcfc

That would take weeks if they stuck to 2 legs. In non-league (at least in these parts), it's one leg with the higher placed team at home. That might work in your system. Yes, it's a big advantage for the higher placed team, but they have earnt that.