The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

It’s a pity it ended this way. I’m happy, but I totally understand your pain.

2. Threshers_Flail

Threshers_Flail Well-Known Member

My happiness at seeing City get promoted was definitely tempered by seeing Vincent Tan being held aloft on the shoulders of some absolute goldfish wankshafts.

3. Threshers_Flail

Fair play to Warnock though.

editor and brixtonblade like this.
  4. 1927

To be fair, the biggest thing Warnock has done is unite the supporters afters tears of strife. Tan deserves credit for what he’s done! He didn’t get credit last time we went up for obvious reasons, but I think credit is due this time!

5. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

Team of the day Bolton Wanderers who still needed 2 goals with 86 minutes gone. My good mate at work will be more than chuffed. Well done to them.

6. Threshers_Flail

As happy as I am for my family and mates that are still fans, fuck Vincent Tan. He's ruined it for me and many others.

Hope you're enjoying it tho 1927 ! Have a pint of Brains for me. :cool:

editor and sealion like this.
  7. sealion

sealion Splish splash splosh

They did but brought Snodgrass , Grealish and Grabban on in the second half. John Terry never played but got severe abuse every time he warmed up.

Lorca and mod like this.
  8. sealion

Congratulations 1927 , enjoy the moment mate and all the best for next season! I will miss our sparring matches, don't be gone long :D

passenger, editor and mod like this.
  9. sealion

We did indeed. He hasn't got a sense of humour and a face on him like, he'd just caught his mate in bed with his wife, oh hang on,,,

Lorca and mod like this.
  10. sealion

11. 1927

My head hurts!

mx wcfc and Threshers_Flail like this.
  12. Lorca

Lorca Somebody after all, had to make a start

reckon me old ticker won't stand too many more seasons like this one! amazing atmosphere from a sold out stans yesterday, hammered in the sun, blues winning, life's good! i bet a few fulham fans papped themselves when a few blues went on the pitch and ran up to them at the end but it was all good natured - in fact we were wishing 'em luck in the play-offs - entertaining team they are (heard there were loads of scouts at the game from juventus, dortmund etc watching sessegnon). can see garry monk doing a very good job for us next season, when you watched blues regularly you could see the difference between coterrill and him is night and day. if he can get rid of the deadwood and buy 2-3 quality players we'll be fine. mind you, i thought that last year! all that remains now is to wish boro (a team i have a soft spot for having lived up that way) all the best against our twelve toed neighbours! right, i'm going back to bed!

sealion and Threshers_Flail like this.
  13. 1927

Surprise, surprise. Every one of Wolves loan signings have stated they are staying for next season! Why did I never doubt that would be the case?

It’s obvious to anyone who has a brain this was going to happen. Something very dodgy has gone there this season in an attempt to swerve FFP regulations. It stinks, and it’s denied some good sides a chance of promotion!

BCBlues and brixtonblade like this.
  14. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop...Hammertime

Of course we recorded our best result on the final day of a nothing season, hurry up August!

sealion likes this.
  15. 1927

Oh dear!

16. sealion

Posh wanker

17. sealion

Snodgrass is on loan from west ham, the blokes a cunt.

18. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Wannabe Russell Brand. What a prick.

sealion likes this.
  19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What a stupid, ignorant douchebag.

20. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

'cos of the West Ham connection or something else?

I think he's hilarious, and he's always put a good shift in for Scotland.

21. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

New home for EFL highlights next season.

22. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

Typical Villa fan, aka twat.

sealion likes this.
  23. sealion

I meant the tit on youtube not snodgrass :oops::D

imposs1904 likes this.
  24. sealion

25. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Very poor from Reading, doubtless due to the shite football.

There was one game when the actual attendance was accidentally published (less than 10k) rather than the official attendance, which includes season ticket holders who don't actually show up. Lies, damned lies and statistics!

26. sealion

I think all clubs count season ticket holders in the attendance. A stand out example this season was at Arsenal,only 30 thousand turned up yet they declared 59,900 and something.

27. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

yep, that is the case as I understand it. Tickets sold, rather than bums on seats. It helps keep up the image.

28. 1927

Sorry its off topic, bit theres no Swansea Thread anywhere! Gutted that they lost tonight, looks like we may be deprived off a derby next year!

29. sealion

Yep. Now if they kept the ticket prices down ,,,,,,

30. 1927

Just bought 2 season tickets for Cardiff next season, averages at £25 a game. cant grumble at that in the prem!

Those who bought a month ago could buy at £299 for the season!

sealion likes this.