The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. sealion

sealion Splish splash splosh

Im going to try and find a pub that's showing it and one that don't charge four quid for a pint of lemonade :mad: I doubt i'll have much luck with Chelsea being shown at the same time.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  2. sealion

Don't start me off again :mad: :D

mod likes this.
  3. mod

mod A modernist

£7.99 on NOW TV on your PC or MAC. Thats how im watching it

4. krink

krink I'll do it this afternoon

sealion likes this.
  5. sealion

Hopefully some stability and start of a new era for you lot!

krink likes this.
  6. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

You have to wonder what type of new owner doesn’t want a manager who took Wales to a Euro semi final as manager of their new 3rd tier club!

krink likes this.
  7. mod

mod A modernist

His record in club management is poor. The style of football we had to watch at Fulham was so boring but that was his first job so would hope that’s improved.

sealion likes this.
  8. 1927

But he managed you in the Prem! He would be a big catch for a club like sunderland in the 3rd tier!

9. mod

mod A modernist

Yep 1927. Was a very very popular bloke / mate within the dressing room who was fortunate to take over a fantastic but demoralised team (from Tigana) who tried to play the game the right way. Initially the response was great but after a season when Coleman’s genuine stamp was on the team we were so dull to watch I never looked forward to going to games. He survived so long because he was such a popular player and Captain amongst the fans. He’s still very popular there.

sealion likes this.
  10. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Did OK with Fulham before being sacked.

Left Real Sociadad after less than a year.

Took Coventry to their lowest finish for 45 years then was sacked.

Took a job in Greece. Left after 6 months.

Did well with Wales, having one of the best players in the world in his team. A team that was already in good shape due to Gary Speed. Left.

Sunderland...enough said.

He's finished.

sealion likes this.
  11. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Nah, someone will give him a spin.... That Euro result can't be sniffed at. He probably needs to do something useful next time out though.

12. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Oh, he'll get a job alright. But he'll never manage a decent team again.

All the failed managers get jobs again.

sealion and mod like this.
  13. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

14. sealion

Coleman is just another steady Eddie manager. Football has moved on a lot since his playing days, managers like him are ten a penny.

Fez909 likes this.
  15. sealion

Phil Brown managed in the Prem and look where he is now! A few lower league clubs have gambled on him because of his stint in the prem, they all sacked him pretty lively too!

16. mod

mod A modernist

What a deluded chap he was / is.

sealion likes this.
  17. sealion

mod What did you think of the style of football played under Hodgson ?

18. sealion

As my old man would say,, if his cock was long enough he would fuck himself :D I believe he was known as captain Chocolate to the press boys!
    [​IMG]

What a cheesy cunt :D

Attached Files:

mod likes this.
  19. mod

mod A modernist

Wasn’t scintillating but very effective. We were a very well drilled and organised unit. Kept our shape well and punched way above our weight finishing 8th and that Euro final. At times we could be classy but it was more about the decipline, team shape and tactics. I rate him very highly as a manager although the England thing was shocking.

Glad he’s kept palace up as Roy is a legend at Fulham still.

sealion likes this.
  20. mod

mod A modernist

We’ll never see moments like this again

sealion likes this.
  21. sealion

I saw a fair few Fulham games under him. Thought it was pretty basic but effective, square pegs in square holes if you like.

22. mod

mod A modernist

Keeping us up after Laurie Sanchez debacle was unbelievable too.

Regarding his style, yeah I never enjoyed watched West Brom, England or Liverpool under him. Guess I was blinded by the results and success when he was Fulham manager. Saying that, he’s got palace playing decent stuff and has done an amazing job there.

Met him twice and Bought him a drink in the hotel in Hamburg after the first leg of semi final. Decent , insightful chap.

23. sealion

Christ, i forgot about him. Konchesky , Baird and was it Healy? the irish geezer that played up front.
    I guess if you get the players that suits his play, it will work well. That was never going to happen at Liverpool or England, i think the calibre of player were to big a step up for Hodgson and his cautious approach to the game.
    Not without Zaha in the team, they are the epitome of a one man band.
    I met once, half an hour before kick off ( i got a freebie from a mate and sat in the cottage) RH stunk of booze and was red eyed when i briefly spoke to him :D Nice suit and aftershave though.

mod likes this.
  24. mod

mod A modernist

Yep. He actually signed some very decent players. Healy wasn’t good enough but Konchesky and Baird were excellent for us. He signed Danny Murphy too. Amazing signing for us.

sealion likes this.
  25. sealion

26. 1927

SO the last round of fixtures is upon us, nervous as fuck, been awake since 230am. Gonna get up now and grab a coffee and bacon butty in preparation for a long day.
    Good luck to everyone that still has something to play for, I hope its our last game of the season, but whatever happens today its been a blast and i don't mind staying back and having another crack next year

sealion, brixtonblade and mod like this.
  27. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Cardiff will stuff Reading. We are rubbish. Half the fans think we deserve to go down anyway. You will be three up by half time.

We, on the other hand, have reason to be nervous. We need other teams to fail in order to stay up. It is highly unlikely that both Barnsley (away at Derby) and Burton (away at PNE) will win, but that's still a lot more to worry about than Cardiff have!

Relax, you will win and reach the promised land.

I am going to creosote the shed and pretend nothing's happening.

Oh, and if Barnsley and Bolton do win, I hope Aston Villa rest their first team for the playoffs, and Millwall stick 9 past them.

It's going to be an interesting day.

sealion and brixtonblade like this.
  28. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Looks like I was wrong on both counts, but congrats Cardiff.

29. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

Not a Villa fan - actually I was a glory hunter back in 81-82 - but Snodgrass is hilarious:

30. mod

mod A modernist

Congratulations Cardiff.

That defeat against Birmingham has been coming for weeks now. We’ve looked tired and out of sorts. Perfect state to be in for the playoffs. I seriously doubt we’ll get to the final.

sealion looked like villa rested their best players today? Was that the case