1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

The den is now one of the safest grounds for an away supporter to watch football. Get off the train and downstairs there is an exit for visiting supporters that leads into the away end if you want to use it. You can't get past the ob without an away ticket and it's all fenced off. We call it cowards way. Away supporters mingle with the locals on the normal walk to the ground and they hang about outside waiting on mates and family. They are no threat and not a firm looking for it, so no one gives a fuck. The ob have it sewn up in Bermondsey on a matchday with fiu spotters all over the place, so our lot are not interested in a row too close to home. Nor does any away firm come with any real intent and prefer to get wrapped up and throw wanker signs from behind ob lines.

2. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start.

:D some old work mates of mine went to the old ground some years ago and were chased all the way into the ground by a bunch of homicidal maniacs heh! when they finally got in safely through the turnstiles, they noticed their jackets had literally been slashed to ribbons! I have heard from other blues fans its not too bad nowadays if your sensible. In the past, one of the biggest, meanest mobs I ever saw at blues was millwall, to a man they all looked like they escaped from alcatraz that morning! actually, I would go, but I can only make a few games a year nowadays, honest guv :thumbs:!

sealion likes this.
  3. sealion

We always had a equally mean looking welcoming committee from your lot :D Bazz and his lot where no shrinking violets.

Lorca likes this.
  4. sealion

If you ever manage it down then give me a shout.

Lorca likes this.
  5. sealion

6. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Actually getting a little bit excited by start of the season.

I'll be over it by 5 on Saturday no doubt.

7. sealion

Have you bought many players ? What are your expectations If any ?

8. brixtonblade

Just want to stay up really.

Have bought a few... noone flashy but definitely strengthening the squad. Entirely unconvinced we should have resigned Evans and would much rather we hadn't.

Really looking forward to seeing how David Brooks does - got player of the tournament for England U20s in summer and has played a lot in pre season so expecting to see him get some starts.

9. sealion

Likewise
    Same as us. It's tough when the bigger clubs can pay 30k a week in wages.
    I didn't know you had. He will get some stick this season :D

10. passenger

passenger up and down...

Well the season starts tonight, good luck to to all the newly promoted teams
    looks like a very strong championship to me, my tip to do well is Fulham thats
    them doomed :D and I think Sunderland will have it hard as well.

Lorca likes this.
  11. Lorca

[​IMG]

sealion likes this.
  12. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Just sneaked a cheeky £2 on JT to get first goal later @ 25/1. I'll probably do this until I realise it ain't gonna happen all season. He is good when up for corners though.

If he scores in the 26th minute then yeah he certainly does have links with some dodgy syndicate.

I'm with you Lorca the Villa fans really are a deluded bunch led by wife beater Collymore. They hate Chelsea as well, I know everyone does but them lot more so. They were chased around Aston a few times back in the 80s, maybe that's it.

Not a good start sealion , gonna be a long difficult season for Mr Harris I think.

sealion and Lorca like this.
  13. Lorca

yeah, unlucky millwall, from what i saw they were the better team (watched the sunderland derby game - both teams looked a bit pedestrian imo, but esp derby.) Hoping for a good start for Blues today, 'Arry trying to sign new players but getting quoted silly money apparently. I think that Assombalonga to Boro for £15 million has had a knock on effect. Anyway, I'll go Ipswich 0 Blues 1.

sealion likes this.
  14. sealion

Thanks for the reminder mate. I will do him first and last scorer for a couple of quid.
    We battered them but could not score. Looking at the forest forums and the general opinion is that they got lucky. We need to put away the chances or the heads will drop. A prolific striker in a must but they ain't cheap. Performance wise i was happy enough and our new signings certainly strengthen us, need a positive result next week v Bolton.

15. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

I only saw the highlights, but Fulham looked fantastic in the first half.

16. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Right, leeds up - one spot +playoffs left.

Kaka Tim likes this.
  17. sealion

Two home games up next for those that played away this weekend, Saturday/Sunday and Tuesday/Wednesday.

18. sealion

Weekend stat

7 clean sheets , 1 red card, 23 goals scored including 4 penalties and 1 own goal.

19. sealion

20. sealion

21. Fez909

Fez909 um...

Lewis Baker loand to Boro, from Chelsea.

Looks like the real deal this kid. A great replacement for Ramirez.

22. sealion

23. sealion

In other news,,

"Birmingham City boss Harry Redknapp says he is not prepared to pay inflated prices for players in the current transfer market"

:D

Lorca likes this.
  24. Lorca

25. Lorca

afternoon all, hope you had a good saturday. I sure did...:thumbs:

sealion likes this.
  26. sealion

Bolton got the point that they came for. We need to quickly learn how to open teams up and have more urgency when in possession. Bolton had a few key players missing but looked solid at the back and scored a nice free kick. On reflextion a fair result and a couple of decent goals scored.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 11:10 PM
  27. brixtonblade

New league same shit officials

Lorca likes this.
  28. Lorca

definately, don't know if anyone saw our straight red card yesterday...it was literally just a tackle. embarassing.

29. sealion

Weekend stats

34 goals scored, 5 clean sheets, 1 own goal and 4 red cards.

30. Fez909

Fez909 um...

Was OK. Won, which is what counts, though we should be winning against newly promoted teams with the squad we have.

Fighting in the ground after the match...not so good. :hmm: