The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

2. sealion

sealion Splish splash splosh

You get another chance against Ipswich. Barnsley have three away games to play and have Brentford at home, it's a tough ask for them to catch you.

3. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

4. mod

mod A modernist

Just getting ready to leave for the pub. Being a Fulham fan living new cross, this fixture feels odd geographically.

Hoping for a good game not ruined by bad refereeing. Dodgey pens or sendings off spoil games. Should be a cracker. The two inform sides in the devision and country.

May the best team win sealion

COYW!

5. sealion

So was i until i saw that the premier league sent Andre Mariner to stitch us up and he did. The two linos waved for offside when we were still in our half, waved for fouls when no contact had been made ,18 fouls conceded by us and only 8 by Fulham says it all. As for Mitrovic, he's a good player but a fucking dirty cheat that should take up ballet,the slimey cunt. I thought he was going to roll out of the ground at one point after he fell over(again) he must have rolled three 0r four yards and then jumped up when the ref give the free kick. We played well in the first half and deserved a goal, one cleared off the line and a fine save from a goal bound header kept you in it. You deserved to win the second half but the whole thing leaves abitter taste in my mouth.
    Millwall 0-3 Fulham (CHAMPIONSHIP) Highlights

Fez909 likes this.
  6. mod

mod A modernist

And there was me thinking we thrashed you 0-3 and gave you a lesson in how to play the beautiful game.

Mate....the best team won.

Fez909 likes this.
  7. mod

mod A modernist

If if makes you a tiny bit better. My twat of a mate left the tickets at home in teddington so we had to watch if from my flat (where we could heAr each goal a scored). Fuckhng idiot. I’d been looking forward so much to that game. See you in the playoffs

hash tag likes this.
  8. sealion

:D

9. sealion

I don't deny that. It's just a shame about the diving and play acting, hardly a component of the beautiful game.

10. sealion

:mad:

11. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards 1967 Maserati Mistral.

I wasn't expecting Fulham to beat Millwall.

Splendid away win for Villa. Up to Cardiff to lose later this evening now :D I remain hopeful of an automatic promotion.

sealion likes this.
  12. sealion

I forgot about this match. A ridiculous time to put a game on.

13. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Very sorry to see sunderland go down today. Got a big soft spot for the club, ground and supporters. May they bounce straight back up.

krink and sealion like this.
  14. sealion

All but gone, terrible shame to see them in such a state and i hope they bounce back soon. The fans will bring some life to league one and put a few thousand on the gate when they travel.

krink and hash tag like this.
  15. sealion

Well done to Wigan for getting promoted after being relegated last season. They had a good cup run along the way, so maybe another surprise package awaits next season.

16. sealion

Fez909 likes this.
  17. sealion

Big thankyou to Boro for keeping Derby out of the sixth spot and keeping our slim chance alive. We have to go to Boro next and then Villa at home and we need need to win both. I think Brentford will pip us and Derby to nick that final place.
    Derby County 1-2 Middlesbrough (CHAMPIONSHIP) Highlights

Fez909 and Mattym like this.
  18. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Does anyone really want promotion to the premiership? You get all excited, splash out a fortune on players then go and lose week in and week out as per west brom, Southampton and stoke?
    It's a poison chalice for many.

pocketscience, 1927 and sealion like this.
  19. krink

krink I'll do it this afternoon

Ah well, it's all over and we got what we deserve frankly. A squad of, at best, mediocre players, debt, an owner who wants off etc etc. So back in the third division for the second time ever and that was 30 years ago (which made me feel ancient, where have the years gone). Enjoy next season, maybe see you again in twelve months or so but it's not going to be easy to get back up.
    I think this tweet sums up exactly how we deal with this crap:D

_20180421_203144.JPG

Fez909, Lorca, sealion and 1 other person like this.
  20. sealion

Not personally no, it's everything i despise about football. I've seen us in the top league before it got monetised, but my son and his generation havn't. I'm a bit torn on that one because they deserve to see us in the top league for there loyalty alone.
    It's not just them but any team fom eigth downwards, Newcastle in tenth have only won two more home games than Stoke (second bottom).
    Whats the point of treading water in a league with nothing to aim for but more of the same ?

mod likes this.
  21. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards 1967 Maserati Mistral.

Sunderland deserves more.

It would be nice to see a much fairer distribution of erm... well, money quite frankly. Perhaps a new Korean multi-Billionaire will elevate you next year? I am sort of glad the Chinese investment at Villa hasn't gone all Man C/Chelsea, but a big part of me still wants to see Europe again.

Shared a house with a Sunderland guy for a couple of years. Used to drive him to the helipad for work on the rigs. I still have a soft spot. Very soft mind (I couldn't care less) :)

krink and hash tag like this.
  22. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

When we moved, pissed off with all the money, cynicism, diving, cheating etc. We made a joint decision to drop down two leagues and go and see what is now league 1 footie. So refreshing and fun.

krink likes this.
  23. sealion

krink, You'll be back soon enough :thumbs:

krink likes this.
  24. krink

krink I'll do it this afternoon

30 years ago, we went into division 3 for the first time ever and to be honest, that season ended up being one of the best times of my life. It was an absolute laugh from start to finish. Mind you, it was 3 or 4 quid to get in not 30! :D

imposs1904, sealion and hash tag like this.
  25. sealion

Exactly.

26. sealion

I watched Millwall go from division three to division one back in the eighties. Going away and winning at teams like Bournemouth and Lincoin was a lot more fun than seeing us get walloped by spurs a few years later.

hash tag likes this.
  27. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop...Hammertime

Oh yeah, NOW all our players start coming back and performing, safe at least.

sealion likes this.
  28. Mattym

Mattym Well-Known Member

Bollox to the latter.

29. sealion

Cardiff back into second place!

30. mod

mod A modernist

Yep. Fridays nights buzz was short lived.