The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. mod

mod A modernist

We always seem to be at our most venerable in the opening 20 minutes. Reading had a couple of chances last night and should have scored. After that we 'normally' dominate games. Really cant wait for this one!

2. sealion

sealion Splish splash splosh

Peckham is about as trendy as my old mans left bollock. Bermondsey is where it's at maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

3. sealion

I don't drink mate but we could arrange something anyway. Next time you are down in Sussex give me a shout :cool:

4. mod

mod A modernist

I'm in brighton pretty much every weekend. Lets meet up to watch a game sometime and discuss contacts!

Regarding SE14 boozers. I'm more a The White Hart Hotel man these days. Its really gone posh but food is great.

sealion likes this.
  5. sealion

I use to dj in there many years ago! Funny enough it's never been a Millwall pub for some strange reason.
    Sounds good!

mod likes this.
  6. S☼I

S☼I I don't want your poxy mint

Seen this from Ruben Neves tonight. What a fucking belter.

Lorca, Fez909, imposs1904 and 3 others like this.
  7. sealion

Wolves need three more points and up they go.

8. sealion

The next round of fixtures look tasty. There is something riding on most games, it's officially squeaky bum time.

brixtonblade likes this.
  9. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Good week for the London teams wasn't it.
    Fulham deservedly overtook Cardiff. Millwall into play off spot and Brentford hitting some form and waiting to pounce on a play off spot too.

10. krink

krink I'll do it this afternoon

football is stupid :(

BCBlues and sealion like this.
  11. sealion

12. pocketscience

pocketscience Well-Known Member

:cool:

13. pocketscience

pocketscience Well-Known Member

I'm wondering how much of an impact Cahill's signing has had on Millwalls form since the end of January. Uncanny rise in league position since his resigning.
    Coincidence? I doubt it.
    Thoughts sealion?

[​IMG]

14. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Interesting stat on the BBC for the Boro - Bristol game:

15. sealion

He hardly plays apart from a cameo role here and there. I think getting Marshall in from Wolves has given us more balance and an outlet from the left wing. We were very one dimensional and easy to contain when o'brien was playing on the left, he's a striker with very little pace , can't taclke but is a great finisher. Marshall has pace, can tackle, shoot and has a great cross on him. Harris has restored the Millwall spirit and never say die attitude that we were sorely missing, along with some very talented, young and hungry players.

pocketscience likes this.
  16. Lorca

Lorca Somebody after all, had to make a start

some player isn't he, can see the big premiership boys sniffing round him at the end of the season, got to be worth 30 million +. we've got the dingles tomorrow! :eek: still, you never know lol :D.

sealion likes this.
  17. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Reading are doing my head in at the moment. We were very lucky to get a point against Sunderland today. We should still avoid the drop, but we don't seem anxious to secure Championship football too quickly.

18. sealion

The last minute equalizer for Brenford at Fulham has confimed promotion for Wolves!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    passenger and Lorca like this.
  19. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Pissed away another lead... Getting silly now.

Churlish to be annoyed as we've done way better than I hoped we would this season but the number of games we pissed points away this year is daft

20. Lorca

yep, congrats to them - arguably the best team i've ever seen in the championship, including newcastle (much as i hate to admit it.) hopefully they will take their foot off the gas tomorrow heh.

sealion likes this.
  21. sealion

22. sealion

Fulhams players looked distraught at the final whistle, i hope this carries over to next weeks game against us!

23. Threshers_Flail

Threshers_Flail Well-Known Member

Big game that, Cardiff watching with interest as well.

24. mod

mod A modernist

Yep that was a cruel blow but many of us were expecting to lose that game (and probably should hace). We are starting to look tired as he plays pretty much save time.

Friday is a must win for us. The only consolation if we don’t is we can rest players fit the play offs.

sealion likes this.
  25. sealion

Brentford are a good side with the ball but can only play one way. If they could mix it up a bit against the more physical teams they would be better placed in the table.
    It occurred to me after you beat Reading that might be the case.
    The Den will be bouncing next Friday!

26. mod

mod A modernist

Apprently we’ve only got top tier only despite dand for more tickets,

27. sealion

Probably on police advice :rolleyes: The space that sky tv cameras take up in the away end (top tier) has done you out of a few hundred too.

28. Lorca

:(

discokermit likes this.
  29. sealion

30. sealion