The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

On current form i doubt you will lose either of these games. Even if you draw both you still have a game in hand.
    You are taking the piss now :D You may well be promoted by then anyway/ hopefully.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Badgers likes this.
  2. sealion

Hopefully you won't have much to play for ( and we still do) by the time we meet. Fulham are the ony team in the division that i don't want to be playing right now. Oh and thanks fot Hutchinson btw, he's a monster in defence and has surprisingly stayed fit.

Badgers likes this.
  3. sealion

Norwich are poor and have fuck all to play for, you should beat them. Reading were very poor when we played them and are probablly safe anyway.
    A toothless side at the moment and should be a breeze.
    I think you will kick Wolves off the park on Friday, they won't fancy it.

Badgers likes this.
  4. sealion

5. sealion

Fez909 and Badgers like this.
  6. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

sealion I wish I shared your confidence! This is Cardiff we are talking about. I wouldn’t put my house on them winning a game if we were 3-0 up with 5 minutes to play! We can fuck up any situation!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  7. sealion

It easier when it's not the team you support. The games are running out now and you need 14 points from 7 games and thats if Fulham win there remaining games, which is doubtful. You have to bear in mind who the manager is, he's no fool in this division and has every trick in the book at his disposal. If you were going to fuck up, i think it would have happened before now.

brixtonblade likes this.
  8. 1927

Millwall v Fulham play-off final then! :D

sealion likes this.
  9. sealion

I don't think we'll get a play off spot. We had the chance at Ipswich and fucked up, our run in is not the easiest either. Whatever happens it's been a very good first season back in this league.The football played at large is decent standard and competetive. The crowd interaction and noise created in this league tops the premier imo. There have been some great atmospheres at the den from both sets of supporters and not a one tit with half and half scarf or selfie stick in sight. Being in the premier would cause all sorts of problems at our place, away fans in home seats are just not tolerated at all. There would be all sorts of day trippers turning up to see there team play us and celebrating when they score, or not celebrating IF :D we score, then violence will ensue. I've only ever witnessed two away fans sitting in our section, one a Liverpool fan in a cup game made himself known and got punched and kicked down five rows of seats, then beaten again before old bill dragged him out. Another was a Wimbledon fan who wanted to take on ' any on cunt that fancied it ' a queue quickly formed :D

pocketscience and Lorca like this.
  10. discokermit

discokermit Well-Known Member

11. Threshers_Flail

Threshers_Flail Well-Known Member

Cardiff missing two penalties in stoppage time last night. :eek:

12. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop...Hammertime

Great result for Barnsley that.

sealion likes this.
  13. sealion

14. sealion

Weekends goals and penaly misses here
    Video

mod likes this.
  15. mod

mod A modernist

Thank you Cardiff. We are appreciative of your recent endeavours to keep us in this fascinating race. Love Fulham.

sealion likes this.
  16. mod

mod A modernist

God is a Cottager!

17. technical

technical stripey

Fulham were much the better side on Saturday - no complaints about the result at all. Don't think anyone will fancy getting you in the play offs.

sealion likes this.
  18. sealion

I'm hoping Sheffield utd can beat or not lose to Boro and we win at Bolton tomorrow night. That would make Saturdays trip to Bramall lane very interesting. Fez909 brixtonblade are either of you going tomorrow ?

19. sealion

They're the best footballing side i've seen this season. Only a poor start to the season has kept them out of the top two places imo.

brixtonblade likes this.
  20. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Here at Reading, things are looking up following another magnificent 1-0 home win. Two more of them and we will be OK. Our away games have nul points written all over them (hello Fulham) but it's just down to us to win those home games.

Last time we got relegated (from the prem) we weren't in the relegation zone until the last couple of weeks before the fucking skate scum let Fulham win, before their cup final and we went down on the last day, by ONE goal.

so you will forgive me if I am still a little nervous.

21. 1927

Why do you think Fulham will be anywhere near the play-offs?

technical likes this.
  22. sealion

You have to play Sunderland and Ipswich at home and four aways, i very much doubt you'll go down. Barnsley would need to win a minimum four games, that's highly unlikely.

23. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

well, I tend to agree, but it's Sunderland's sudden upturn in form that is the concern. their point at Leeds last weekend was unexpected and useful. We will struggle to get an away point, so, yes it's down to the two home games. It is certainly in our hands.

That's what's scary though!

sealion likes this.
  24. sealion

This league certainly isn't boring!

1927, pocketscience and mx wcfc like this.
  25. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Nope. I'm on my hols.
    I think we've let playoffs slip so will be interesting to see what kind of performance they turn in

26. technical

technical stripey

Fair point - would certainly put a smile on my face if you threw a spanner in Warnock's direction

mx wcfc likes this.
  27. pocketscience

pocketscience Well-Known Member

Sunderland at home was worse imo- typical Millwall. Bolton tonight are another potential banana skin.
    It's mad with millwall. You get so used to not giving a fuck about playing the top teams and then get all tetchy about playing a relegation team.
    I'm split on this. One side of me says that it's all gone too quick, and besides the shenanigans off the pitch, although Harris has done wonders he still needs another season or two to cement the confidence and stability of being contenders (While the old bill sort out how to handle the crowd)
    The other side says fuck it! This might be the only chance to get to play in the promised land. Go for it whatever the cost - which realistically could be fatal for the club.

28. sealion

Losing at home to Burton and Barnsley still irks me, as you say, typical Millwall!
    I used to think that way, but i'm more inclined to think - grab it while you can- as we might not get the chance again any time soon. We have some very good sought after players that can and probably will play at a higher level, so for me it's shit or bust with regards to keeping the squad together.
    I dislike most things the premier league brings and i won't lose any sleep if we never make it. One season alone could change us beyond recognition.

29. 1927

Eh? I’m a Cardiff fan!!!

sealion likes this.
  30. sealion