The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Nothing minor i hope!

sealion likes this.
  2. sealion

sealion Splish splash splosh

Villa 2 down now :D

Badgers and Lorca like this.
  3. 1927

Well this evening is going rather better than I could even have hoped! (SO FAR)

4. 1927

Im started to believe the impossible.

5. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Hasn't helped us though, has it.

6. sealion

That's a big result tonight against a good side.

Badgers likes this.
  7. sealion

8. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

9. sealion

Looking at your remaining away games and they are tough. I think you will stumble to safety with some home draws.

Badgers and mx wcfc like this.
  10. sealion

11. 1927

Can I just say thank you to QPR and Bolton. Wtf has happened to Villa? Seems like the team no one wanted to talk about and who have been hiding in plain sight all season may just pull this off!

12. mod

mod A modernist

Don't count your welsh chickens yet matey. You've got some tough games ahead and as Villa have proved can start losing easily.

Fulham were fucking dreadful yesterday though. Luck to get the point. Anymore performances like that and yeah promotions yours.

13. mod

mod A modernist

Congrats again sealion on another fantastic win. You boys starting to believe yet? Fulham V Millwall in the play offs maybe.

Lorca and sealion like this.
  14. sealion

Six away wins on the bounce too! I think we have equalled our record for consecutive away wins.
    No :D But we are officially safe and can't be relegated now :p I think we have to beat boro, fulham, villa and shefield united to have any chance but i don't think boro will chuck it away now.
    You've given up on second place then :D

Badgers likes this.
  15. sealion

16. Wilf

Wilf Meeting few of his KPIs

17. 1927

Cardiff stitched up today!

18. sealion

How ? The surrounding areas leading the ground are unsafe. Councils won't allow the match safety certificate if they deem the street surfaces unsafe. That's the world we live in now.
    Cardiff Clash Postponed

Badgers likes this.
  19. 1927

There was no snow around the ground, the club shop was open, the restaurant at the ground was open, there is a gig at the derby arena next door to the ground which is still on, but Derby only had 10 fit first teamers available! fishy or what?

passenger likes this.
  20. 1927

21. sealion

It might well be fishy but how do you think Derby managed to get it called off ? It's not there decision but the authorities.

Badgers likes this.
  22. sealion

Badgers likes this.
  23. 1927

24. 1927

The decision was made by Derby county, the police have confirmed that!

25. sealion

I'm not getting into a row with you. I have read the official tweets and statements, that's all i can go by.
    ---------------------------------------
    The English Football League tweeted a statement saying: "The decision to postpone this afternoon's fixture between Derby County and Cardiff City was made first thing this morning following discussions between Derby County, Derbyshire Police and the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG).

"It was taken in the interests of spectator safety following heavy overnight snow falling in the Derby area which had built up on the roads surrounding the stadium.

"An announcement was made at 8.30am and the EFL is satisfied from the information shared that these were the reasons the match was postponed and will provide Cardiff City with the opportunity to provide any additional information they feel is relevant, before responding further."

Badgers likes this.
  26. 1927

To be fair sealion the official statement isn't going to say, "Due to the number of injuries in the squad we are using the snow as an excuse to bottle out of playing Cardiff City at this time", but everyone knows thats what really happened.

27. sealion

You will love it in the premier. There will be plenty to moan about there for a season, it wll suit you to the ground. Conspiracy conspiracy :D

Badgers likes this.
  28. 1927

This sint over with, Derbyshire police have just realised a statement saying that they had nothing to do with the decision which was reached by DCFC alone independently! seems the police aren't too happy that they have been dragged into Derby's cheating antics.

29. sealion

30. 1927

For a club with Premiership ambitions i really don't understand the Brentford stadium thing at all. Griffin ark may well be too small, but 17.250 is hardly a sustainable size for premiership football. If they get promoted any time soon it could be too small within a season or two!