The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. technical

technical stripey

It goes from bad to worse for Wednesday. Massive game at home to Bolton on Saturday now.

2. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop...Hammertime

Yeah, play offs might be tricky now.

Haha ha *sob*

Don't see the new manager lasting very long either.

3. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Thought he was very good.

Fulham looked very sharp, a step above most of what I've seen this year.

sealion likes this.
  4. mod

mod A modernist

You started the game very strong and had us under a lot of pressure first 10 minutes then seemed to resort to fouling and trying to unsettle Mitrovic which only seemed to gee him up even more. After our third both teams seemed to give up and any entertainment was over.

5. sealion

sealion Conscientious selector

6. sealion

Cardiff will be in trouble if they don't go up.

Badgers likes this.
  7. sealion

8. mod

mod A modernist

Lots of stuff coming out about Wolves spending too. Possibly outside the rules of FFP.

9. sealion

Badgers likes this.
  10. Fulham Fred's

Fulham Fred's Member

Same here much prefer the Championship.

Out of interest.. what boozer do you use ?

mod likes this.
  11. mod

mod A modernist

Jolly Gardeners, Putney. You?

12. mod

mod A modernist

Villa beat Wolves. Cardiff and Fulham win again. It’s getting interesting but I think Fulham are running out of games to catch those three. Wolves very much in the mix now. They must be worried.

sealion likes this.
  13. sealion

Only one win in five for them. Boro and Cardiff are two of there four remaining away games, there home run in isn't too bad on paper, so they may scrape it.

Badgers likes this.
  14. sealion

We got lucky today against a decent Brentford side who brought a large but quiet following. They had a goal disallowed, hit the bar, post and had a few chances cleared off the line. We huffed and puffed our way through the game and couldn't cope with there passing game at times. They play it from the back, no long balls but over pass it at times. If they were a bit more direct and mixed it up a bit, then i think top six wouldn't be out of there reach. We are now unbeaten in eleven games and on course for a top half finish.
    Millwall 1-0 Brentford (CHAMPIONSHIP) Highlights

Badgers and mod like this.
  15. sealion

Badgers likes this.
  16. sealion

Badgers and mod like this.
  17. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie BeRightOn

Up the Villa!

Pickman's model and sealion like this.
  18. sealion

I wasn't sure Bruce would last but he has got you playing well. We have you on the final day, should be lively :D

Badgers and Mr.Bishie like this.
  19. mod

mod A modernist

Can you and Cardiff draw a couple of games please to give little Fulham a fighting chance? Many thanks.

20. sunnysidedown

sunnysidedown Well-Known Member

I like Mitro but he was always a bit inconsistent for us. He also had his own fitness instructor/setup that went against Rafas methods and this was seen as counter productive to the team as a whole, who were seen to be doing more rigorous training than Mitro. (We’ve certainly improved as a unit since the summer transfer window, despite still being a bit toothless upfront).

Saying that he’s looking a lot fitter and has settled into your side really well. Chuffed for the lad and hope he gets the goal that sends down the mackems (if they’re not already down by then).

mod likes this.
  21. mod

mod A modernist

What was Chris Coleman thinking going there?

22. sunnysidedown

sunnysidedown Well-Known Member

He’s made a massive mistake. It’ll be interesting to see what happens if Preston beat them next game.

23. Fulham Fred's

Fulham Fred's Member

Generally The Bedford on Dawes Road.
    When I used to come in from outer North London coming into Hammersmith - The Chancellors and sometimes The Crabtree to break the walk up.
    Come into Putney overground now - but I've never really used the pubs on the Mexico side of the border.

Are you from Fulham ?

24. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

I dont think Fulham need any help, cant see where they are gong to drop a point for the rest of season, they are going to piss promotion I think.

In other news bale is being linked with a move back to the Prem at end of season. He's clearly been impressed by the way Warnock has improved Cardiff this season and is eager to play for his home town club next season!.lol

25. mod

mod A modernist

No. From the age of 12 I lived in sunny Hounslow West. One of my best mates on the estate was/is from a family of Fulham fans and I went along to the 2-0 win against Cardiff towards the end of the play off season (losing 0-4 to Bristol Rovers at home which was my second game). Caught the bug, fell in love with the ground more than anything else and here I am 30 years later a proud cottager!

26. mod

mod A modernist

Its all making for a very exciting season. The play offs are going to be much, much harder this season.

27. 1927

So Cardiff are 1-0 down at Brentford and pushing for an equaliser. Commentator says " If Brentford thought Cardiff were going to lie down they're mistaken"

Really? He gets paid to come out with shit like that. A team in second place in the championship, aiming for automatic promotion and they won't lie down in the first 10minutes of a game!!! FFS.

discokermit likes this.
  28. sealion

Villa losing to Qpr, they don't sound great on the commentary

Badgers likes this.
  29. 1927

What a goal from Bamba! If Messi had scored that they'd be talking about it for the rest of the season!

30. sealion

Wolves top scorer Jota has gone off injured!

Badgers, mx wcfc and 1927 like this.