The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Fine, the Cardiff V Swansea derbies can be played over the break, it will be a nice little earner being the only EPL football on for 2 weeks! lol

brixtonblade likes this.
  2. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Blades back in top 6. Needed to have a reaction to Friday's shit show and got it.

I'm not convinced we can hang on to 6th but to even be in the running is a great outcome for us this season.

sealion likes this.
  3. brixtonblade

EPL? You sure about that? :hmm:

4. 1927

Its written in the stars, Warnock gets his record 8th promotion automatically, and Blades win play offs to join him there!

brixtonblade likes this.
  5. 1927

Whatever they call it these days!

6. sealion

sealion Conscientious selector

I have seen some good football played in this league. Take the top 6 out of the prem and i can't see much difference in quality. Is watching Stoke play West brom any better than watching Cardiff v fulham or Wolves v Leeds fo example. Fuck watching a team every week that is set up not to lose.

7. sealion

There's five or six teams looking at sixth place. It Should be a good finish to the season.

8. sealion

I think Fulham will go up via the play offs.

9. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

"Warm Weather Training" as they call it.

sealion likes this.
  10. brixtonblade

Well, if we do end up 6th we'll certainly not get promoted. We've got the worst play off record in the country. We've even gone down in a play off we're that shit at them.

11. sealion

Still a lottery on the day. Could you cope with the prem if you did ? I'm split on how i'd feel if we ever made it. I'd be happy for my son and his mates and anyone that never witnessed the last time we were there. But i think it would bore the shit out of me, watching multi millionaires diving about, our ground would draw a load of mute fuck nuggets with no allegiance to the club.

12. brixtonblade

No, we'd get our arses handed to us each week. It's pretty much the same squad we had in league one

13. 1927

Same here, I'm loving the attempt at promotion, but if we didn't get it I wouldn't be gutted.

sealion likes this.
  14. sealion

15. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start

(haven't been online much recently) but we're still absolutely abysmal lol! i went to the barnsley home game last week - just, so, so, so bad. the atmosphere was mainly apathetic then turned toxic, missiles and abuse raining down on steve cotterill. someone threw his season ticket at him and lee carsley threw it back the evil barsteward! as if the poor bloke hasn't suffered enough. blues can be a rough place at times, fans are frustrated and pissed off, can see it getting nasty soon tbh.
    the club is in turmoil yet again for some reason behind the scenes - invisible chinese owners, parasites like darren dein (who!), millions of quid we haven't got spunked on dross like marc roberts (thanks a lot redknapp you chunt!), risking our ffp status, record signing jota jogging around pointlessly even though he's supposedly on £45 grand a week! N'doye (£35 grand a week) is as much use as a single chopstick!
    Anyway, I think cotterill will hopefully go soon, the useless plank. heard gary monk and gordon strachan are possible replacements which doesn't exactly put fire back in the belly lol! there are two shreds of comfort I suppose: 1 - League 1 has a few new grounds for me to visit (if we go down, it's touch and go at the minute) 2 - at least we're not sunderland.

sealion likes this.
  16. discokermit

discokermit Well-Known Member

i did that and unclicked all the boxes as i'm too lazy and bad at predictions. it said my team (wolves) would be top. with villa second.
    there's always a worry at the back of my mind but this is the best wolves team i've ever seen. i think this team without changes would do ok in the premier league.

sealion likes this.
  17. discokermit

discokermit Well-Known Member

i like this youtube channel, tifo football. it's general football but has some championship related stuff.

imposs1904 and sealion like this.
  18. brixtonblade

I did the same and blades came 5th...would take that in a heartbeat

discokermit likes this.
  19. sealion

Same here.
    Good read here on your current plight,,, Enough’s enough: Steve Cotterill’s excuse-filled reign at Birmingham City

Lorca and discokermit like this.
  20. Fulham Fred's

Fulham Fred's Member

Fulham's record is worse than yours - we've never ever won a play-off game.

21. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

Yeah Re above who said sheff utd has worst record in play offs was correct(with reading). Mind tbf thats finals, look at Poor preston
    At one time millwalls was one of the worst but picked up later years, funny as well done better in the away legs than the Den recent years
    Anyone know Non Lge ? Dulwich hamlet must be up there 4 finals 4 defeats

brixtonblade likes this.
  22. brixtonblade

Blades win tie breaker by getting relegated in one.

Useless twats.

23. 1927

[QUOTE="billbond, post: 15461294, member: 65516”]
    Yeah Re above who said sheff utd has worst record in play offs was correct(with reading). Mind tbf thats finals, look at Poor preston
    At one time millwalls was one of the worst but picked up later years, funny as well done better in the away legs than the Den recent years
    Anyone know Non Lge ? Dulwich hamlet must be up there 4 finals 4 defeats[/QUOTE]
    Of all the teams in the Championship I really feel for PNE even as a Cardiff fan. Year upon year of knocking on the door of the EPL and never getting an answer!

24. 1927

25. 1927

26. Fulham Fred's

Fulham Fred's Member

Fulham have made the play-offs 3 times and have yet to win a game let alone make the finals.
    42 year's since the last appearance at wembley which is the longest for any team that has been consistently in the league.

27. 1927

28. brixtonblade

wow - 42 years!

29. sealion

30. sealion

Games cancelled due to the bad weather at Barnsley, Brentford, Ipswich and Sheffield united.