The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. mod

mod A modernist

Yeah apparently we should have had 4. Gutted I couldn’t be there but going to wolves game next week. If you are a betting man stick a few snots of Ffc going up as runners up. We are the 2nd best team in this division,

Another good result for you boys who are also on s very good run. Good to see.

sealion likes this.
  2. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

Bookies are offering odds of just over 2/1, so much value in that bet now mate.
    It was our third away win on the trot. We hadn't won away this season until recently and got me thinking what could have been if we had picked up more points on the road. It has still been a good season for us considering where we were a year ago.

mod likes this.
  3. mod

mod A modernist

67BB86E0-E56B-4242-AAFF-C2D682618E66.jpeg

This warms my heart and cheers my soul. Come on you whites!

sealion likes this.
  4. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Have you seen Fulham’s Next 5 games!!!!!:eek:

5. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

The Old Farm Derby was a bit shit until the last five minutes. The highlight before then was Norwich fans taunting Ipswich on 16 minutes, denoting Ipswich's years outside the top flight.

6. mod

mod A modernist

Yes its a tough run of fixtures for sure but do well and we will basically be fighting for 2nd spot.

7. sealion

Norwich will be a while getting back up too. No parachute payments to come so will have to do it the hard way,

8. sealion

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  9. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Nice set of results tonight :cool:

sealion likes this.
  10. sealion

So we have extended our unbeaten run to seven games now against an average looking Wednesday side, albeit they were short of striking options. We don't often come from behind to win a game, so another notch for our manager who has realy got us playing now and a great team spirit to boot.
    Millwall 2-1 Sheffield Wednesday (CHAMPIONSHIP) Highlights

11. sealion

12. technical

technical stripey

Bizarre team selection for Wednesday last night. I don’t know if the new manager is trying to play Dutch style total football but playing with no strikers isn’t my idea of trying to win

No complaints about the result - millwall much the better side

13. Fulham Fred's

Fulham Fred's Member

Great day at the Cottage Satdi.

14. sealion

Rhodes, Hooper and Foresteri were all injured weren't they ? I don't think they were on the bench.
    We had our chances before you scored. I think if we had taken one of them, we have gone on to win comfortably.

15. technical

technical stripey

Yes injured as is Steven fletcher. But we had two on the bench as well as our best/most creative player in the period since Christmas (Adam Reach) - all 3 came on after we were 2-1 down and we looked much better

The starting 11 just screamed of playing for a draw

sealion likes this.
  16. sealion

I thought before the game that it would end even. We have had drawn our three previous home games and you had drawn your last three aways. I thought the same after you scored but was glad we went on to win. I agree with you about bringing Reach on, he got you moving, but that big lump that went up front for you was a joke, he spent more time mouthing off at the ref than anything else.

17. sealion

Looking at the table just now, Sunderland look doomed unless they put a serious run of wins together.

18. brixtonblade

I thought you would win... Had Milwall, blades and Boro treble last night :thumbs:

sealion likes this.
  19. Fulham Fred's

Fulham Fred's Member

^^^ How's Richard Stearman doing for your mob ?

*i see he scored last night*

20. sealion

The stats pointed towards a draw on current form and i hardly ever go thinking we will win :D Well done on your win :thumbs: I got a draw double up from 2 confrence games :cool:

It hasn't been a bad season for our clubs considering we both just came up. I think my lot have exceeded expectations and shocked a few teams and pundits along the way. League one seems a distant memory now thankfully!

brixtonblade likes this.
  21. sealion

technical I noticed your away shirt had no sponsor slapped on the front, it looked good, any particular reason ? is it just the away shirt ?

22. brixtonblade

Very shaky start and was out of he team but since Christmas he's been very good - seems settled now and is a good addition. Good if he can keep weighing in with goals as we're a bit off the boil on that front.

23. sealion

A good win and night all round for Cardiff after going four points clear of third place Villa.
    Ipswich Town 0-1 Cardiff City (CHAMPIONSHIP) Highlights

Fulham throw away a lead to draw
    Bristol City 1-1 Fulham (CHAMPIONSHIP) Highlights

Derby now three games without a win and lucky not to lose to Leeds
    Derby County 2-2 Leeds United (CHAMPIONSHIP) Highlights

Wolves concede late to draw with Norwich and lead Cardiff by nine points.
    Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-2 Norwich City (CHAMPIONSHIP) Highlights

24. brixtonblade

11 games without a win for Leeds.

Lets hope the luck starts going for them soon... :D

25. sealion

They won on boxing day and nothing since, plus some tough fixtures to come. That new bloke might not last the season!
    No.

26. 1927

Still no pundits talking about Cardiff as promotion candidates, its bizarre all the hype around Wolves and the likes of Fulham and Villa, but we are still sat there in second place and still not fancied,

27. Fulham Fred's

Fulham Fred's Member

I fancy Cardiff for the second spot.

28. 1927

we had our blip at xmas now others are having theres. we were down to fourth and struggling a couple of weeks ago, now clear in second, you gotta love this league!

29. sealion

Why does it matter ? they talk shit most of the time anyway.

30. 1927

I didn't say it mattered, i just find it bizarre! If i was really cynical i'd scream anti-welsh bias or racism or something!