1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. sealion

sealion Marilise Legijuana

If he turns Leeds around that's a big cap in his feather, if it goes tits up he's just another manager who couldn't make it work there, not too much downside.

(Apart from not being able to have a drink in town for a while, that is :D)[/QUOTE]

He's won one championship game with Barnsley since November, Leeds have done there homework then :D I hope he gets them relegated at some stage.

2. sealion

Nosey fuckers!

The Octagon likes this.
  3. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop......Hammertime

I'm in a genuine quandary, I personally know him (friend of a friend, not besties or anything) and want him to do well.

But it's Leeds.

Leeds

sealion likes this.
  4. sealion

5. sealion

Lorca are you going on Sunday ?

6. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start

nah, they only give us a tiny ticket allocation, the cowardly tossers :D .I suppose I could go in the home end, loads of Blues do, but I'm skint at the minute so will probs just watch it on telly (part-timer!) I think we'll at least give them a good game, could go either way but you would expect an £80 million team to win in the end wouldn't you. We've started playing better lately, whatever was happening behind the scenes seems to have calmed down a bit, so I think we should stay up at least - hope villa don't go up though, just for the lols of watching their super-arrogant fans! :thumbs:

BCBlues, Benjamin F and sealion like this.
  7. sealion

I might go up to Brum next week. We will be bringing quite a few for our designated flag day.

Lorca and BCBlues like this.
  8. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Just watched the Millwall v Cardiff game and seriously I thought Cardiff were gonna walk it but tbh Millwall looked the better side by far.

It was volume down in the pub for a wedding so I couldn't hear the reception Mr Cahill got :confused:

sealion likes this.
  9. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

We all hate 'em....

Stupid 1230 kick off for us against them tomorrow

10. sealion

We got off to a bad start but grew into the game. Cardiff are a big physical side as you would expect from a Warnock team, but fuck me they go down easy for 6ft 4 lumps. Typical gamesmanship and cheating but it got them nowhere once we equalised. They must be a different team at home to be so high up the league. I have seen a lot better than that at the den this season.
    A very warm and noisy one, even when he was warming up the crowd were singing his name. It was a pleasure to see him come on wearing the shirt again.

11. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Good set of results for boro today. Simple win, with everyone above dropping points.

Traore finally becoming the player he's always threatened to be. Scored two long range efforts and won a penalty today (though no idea why he didn't take it...he was on a hatty! Assombalonga skied it so badly I think it might had hit Musk's Tesla :facepalm: )

UTB! :cool:

sealion likes this.
  12. sealion

Has the style of play changed much or at all since Pullis took over ?

13. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

I've only seen one game, so I can't be sure, but going from the fan's comments in the message boards...not much. It's more the personel being picked that's made the changes so far, I reckon.

14. sealion

I suppose who have to trust him. He's a wise and effective albeit no frills manager.

Fez909 likes this.
  15. sealion

16. sealion

Fez909 and brixtonblade like this.
  17. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

18. sealion

Yes. It looks like you could have been three up by half time with the chances created, some great goalkeeping too!
    Same here. I said up thread i'd be happy if we beat some of the bigger teams this season, we have done that.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  19. sealion

20. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Shit refereeing in the Millwall Cardiff game! I think he was in charge at Twickenham too1

21. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

22. sealion

He's a great player. He wouldn't look out of place playing a league up.

23. sealion

He was conned several times by your players feigning injury and falling over. It's a shame Warnock instills this in his teams and would probably win more games if they just played football.

24. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Agreed, Gary Madine did a fucking great job of feigning a broken nose and spewing blood everywhere!

Junior Hoillet did a great job of feigning a goal that the cunt disallowed!!

25. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards 1967 Maserati Mistral.

He doesn't have to wait much longer.

I am actually looking at Steve Bruce in a new light now. Villa are looking pretty solid. The weak links look stronger.

sealion likes this.
  26. sealion

:D

27. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start

yep, gotta take that one on the chin, we were well beaten by a much better team much as it pains me to say it! It's shit sometimes, supporting a crap team innit. We've all been there, but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.

Benjamin F and sealion like this.
  28. sealion

Fair play
    Most of the time you mean :D It doe's make the good times more enjoyable though!
    Exactly mate.

29. sealion

I was having a text convo with a Qpr mate of mine about following our struggling clubs, he said this,, " I've been supporting Qpr for 50 years this year. It's a life sentence mate, murderers get less" :D

Fez909 likes this.
  30. sealion

Looking at the current table, i would say the top five aren't going to budge and Bristol city are on the slide. So it looks like one from Boro, Brentford, Preston or Sheff utd that will grab the final play off place. Should be an interesting run in!