The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. sealion

sealion Conscientious selector

They are used to swamping and bullying teams with there big following. They can't and never will be able to handle us!

2. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

That's a fucking disgrace

Kaka Tim and sealion like this.
  3. sealion

They won't be on dragons den for a while yet :D The half and half scarves themselves are big in the prem and another step towards sanitizing football. Go to a West ham, Arsenal or palace game and you have blokes sitting in the home end wearing away team colours :mad:

4. sealion

5. sealion

6. brixtonblade

What was the problem?

7. sealion

They breached regulations on ticket pricing and overcharged us £9 on an adult ticket. They are now refunding the difference.

brixtonblade likes this.
  8. mod

mod A modernist

Fulh
    Good signing for us. Means young Ryan Sessegnon can move up to his more natural attacking left side midfield position and is in fantatsic form as are the team.....finally.

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 16.00.31.png

sealion likes this.
  9. sealion

10. sealion

11. sealion

12. sealion

13. mod

mod A modernist

Fulham continue their raise under the radar. Lovely!

14. pocketscience

pocketscience Well-Known Member

Tim Cahill returns to Millwall!

oi oi sealion surprised you haven't already posted this - u still knocking one out?
    :D

15. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Two good results for West Midlands teams tonight.
    Villa looking very tight defensively again and Blues with a vital win.

They meet a week Sunday, should be a cracker.

16. mod

mod A modernist

I went to The Den last night with a couple of Millwall mates and enjoyed a very entertaining 0-0 draw. I'm a Fulham fan btw.

I was very surprised by the low gate of 10,931. The Derby contingent was especially poor considering their position. They brought about 800 (at a guess). The atmosphere was surprisingly quiet too.

Derby look a very strong side. Especially in the first half which they dominated. They pass the ball very well and their movement off the ball is fantastic. Their stand out players were Huddleston and the right back Wisdom who looks a real talent. Nugent was OK. Nothing special and was replaced. Chris Martin wasn’t in the squad and Baird didn’t come off the bench unfortunately. Would have been good to see him play again.

Millwall are a very, very direct side. I really wouldn’t fancy watching that style of football every week. A lot of the home crowd are frustrated but their style of play but support for Neil Harris is still strong. They relinquish procession time after time with long hopeful balls and invite pressure on themselves constantly. But saying that, they actually had the better chances in the game. There’s plenty of spirit and fight in their side and I expect them to be safe this season. Onyedinma looked like a useful player when he came on. Skilful but lightweight.

Did you go sealion ?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    pocketscience likes this.
  17. sealion

Had no internet for a week :mad: Im happy that the younger fans will see him in a wall shirt but im not fussed either way about his return. He's 38 now so probably not the player that left for bigger things many moons ago. I would be surprised if he starts games but will certainly have an impact as a sub.

pocketscience likes this.
  18. sealion

Not a bad gate for a midweek fixture just after christmas. People are skint plus kids have school the next day so many empty seats. Im not going to talk about atmosphere with someone that watches his own team in morgue like surroundings :D What the fuck happened to all your support and why the clackers ?
    Not all the time. We had 2 of our main men out last night (winger and striker) and with such a small squad we have to play to our strengths.
    I could say the same about several teams in this league that pass sideways, backwards and sideways again but with no end product. We have a good home record and have beaten many so called big teams by playing joined up attacking football. If we went toe to toe with Derby we would have been easily beaten as there results would suggest.
    Spot on. He has no guts in him and will probably end up in the conference league.

mod likes this.
  19. pocketscience

pocketscience Well-Known Member

For sure only an impact player off the bench but with his sniffer instincts and heading ability, I think he will impact. Was always very clinical in the area so gotta be good for a handful of goals till the end of the season I'd say. Indirect bonus' are obvs his inspiration to the younger players and him raising the clubs international profile going into the world cup. Great signing imo.
    When Everton fans say they'd have him back it's gotta be worth it.

sealion likes this.
  20. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

A Katrien Miere question for Wednesday fans.
    [​IMG]

brixtonblade likes this.
  21. brixtonblade

Someone send me the survey link...

22. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    brixtonblade likes this.
  23. brixtonblade

24. sealion

25. sealion

26. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Did you go to Reading on Saturday sealion ?

Were we as shite as Reading fans are saying?

27. sealion

I promised myself after my last visit that i would never step in that place again. Im sticking to that promise. My mates went and said you were indeed shit.

mx wcfc likes this.
  28. sealion

29. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop......Hammertime

That's got to have been a hard call for Hecky (lifelong Barnsley fan), but to be honest he'd gone as far as he could with them and wasn't getting the backing from the club.

If he turns Leeds around that's a big cap in his feather, if it goes tits up he's just another manager who couldn't make it work there, not too much downside.

(Apart from not being able to have a drink in town for a while, that is :D)

Kaka Tim and sealion like this.
  30. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop......Hammertime

Also, bugger off with that questionnaire :mad:

brixtonblade and sealion like this.