The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Same with us
    Also we just agreed with Spurs to send Cameron Carter Vickers back as we couldn't see him getting many more games. They loaned him back out to Ipswich.

2. Lorca

Lorca Somebody after all, had to make a start

dunno tbh, there's a bit of a toxic atmosphere behind the scenes as best as I can tell, and we've made really poor managerial appointments since sacking Rowett. We're paying some crazy money out to behind the scenes parasites like darren dein, our transfer guru lol, who seems to offer absolutely nothing and we have ostensibly good players like Jota on massive wages who seem to have had the confidence drained away from 'em. Think we're gonna lose today as well, away to Preston. Not going (though been before), listening on Radio and we always lose when I listen on the radio lol!

sealion likes this.
  3. sealion

sealion Splish splash splosh

Leeds v Millwall live strem here

4. brixtonblade

Sort it out Millwall!

5. sealion

Terrible game management from us, although the ref is a cunt we should be doing better!

6. sealion

3-3 now. What a cracking game this is, even with a cunt ref

pocketscience likes this.
  7. brixtonblade

4-3
    Get in
    :D

sealion likes this.
  8. sealion

What a fucking game :D:D:D:D:D:D

Lorca and pocketscience like this.
  9. sealion

I need a herbal tea and a head massage after that :D Football eh!

pocketscience likes this.
  10. sealion

Good results for Boro, Sheff utd , Brum And Forest as well :eek: 1927 will be pleased with the forest one.

11. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Doesn't really make any difference to Cardiff really.Wolves are going up automatically everyone else is paying for second place. But it did give me a smile!

12. sealion

They have been dropping points and it gives teams playing them a boost, so you never know!
    Crazy champinship init! My lad's on his way back from Leeds :D Said his nerves are torn to shreds after watching ' a fucking crazy mad game '

brixtonblade and mx wcfc like this.
  13. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop...Hammertime

I'll take that 0-0 against Cardiff, we were proper wasteful in front of goal though :facepalm:

14. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

I’ll take that 0-0 against Sheff Wed, we were proper wasteful in front of goal though :facepalm:

The Octagon likes this.
  15. sealion

No goals in four games for you now. Im surprised that's the case as you have some firepower in the squad. Still 2 draws against decent sides isn't to be sniffed at.

16. sealion

mod and pocketscience like this.
  17. The Octagon

That's our issue in a nutshell, new manager seems to have tightened up our defense well, but with our quality players injured (Forestieri, Hooper, Bannan, Hutchinson), Rhodes, Joao and Nuhui aren't cutting it at the mo.

18. sealion

That's a big hit to take. Is there money to spend ?

19. The Octagon

Doesn't look like it this window, if Luhukay impresses then I imagine the ambitious owners may open their wallets again. We need some youth in the squad, too many players at the tail end of their careers.

20. sealion

That can bite you on the arse if it's not rectified. No sell on value either from a player aged 30 plus. I thought Rhodes was older than 27, it feels like he's been around for years.

21. sealion

22. sealion

23. Lorca

Lorca Somebody after all, had to make a start

yep, cracking game, that Leeds Millwall. As for us, we played quite well at times, but same old story, conceded a soft goal and heads drop somewhat, though at least today we got something. Preston are mediocre though imo, can't see them making the play-offs. Sunderland at home for us next (after FA Cup 3rd round), a massive game for both teams I reckon.

BCBlues and sealion like this.
  24. sealion

I thought they were a decent side at our place, they played with a purpose when they attacked. Thats another good performance away from home for brum!

25. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

See off your social media someone was flogging half and half scarves for the Leeds Millwall game. Sign of the end times :D

sealion and brixtonblade like this.
  26. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Lucas Piazon scored. I'd forgot about him.

Great game at Elland Road. How many tickets were you allowed this year? Seemed a fair bit of noise when you scored.

27. sealion

Leeds and west yorkshire ob dropped the restrictions this time. We used to have to meet ob at a service station ooop north and collect our pre ordered tickets. ID had to be provided then put on coaches and driven into the stadium to be bricked by the local tramps. Most of us refused to go, so only a handful of diehards would turn up. Yesterday we took 1450 which i think was our whole allocation. A lot of wall went up on friday night and hit the town. There was some attempt of aggro from the locals, which im told was dealt with by our lot in the usual manner ;)

28. sealion

[​IMG]

Football is indeed fucked when some string tries to sell one of these :D :facepalm:

29. BCBlues

Had the last laugh on more than one count then eh :D
    We still call them "Dirty Leeds" from the 1970s, things ain't changed there then. That was their 3rd game in a row in which they had a player sent off.

30. BCBlues

They could give them away to OB who worked on the day as a memento to show their grandkids one day...I survived this ;)

sealion likes this.