1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. mod

mod A modernist

sealion likes this.
  2. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

You have a decent squad by the looks of things. You should come close this season!

mod likes this.
  3. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

I'm a bit worried the lad might not be able to handle the pressure of playing for a proper big club - it's a huge step up for him obvs.

imposs1904 and sealion like this.
  4. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Yeah, if he owned a beta mac video player he could see how great the Villa were.

passenger and Lorca like this.
  5. BCBlues

Fulham are up there as favourites with Villa and Boro so they are doing something right. It's gonna be a great season for the Championship, some tense derbies, the Sheffield clubs and dirty Leeds, Brum Villa and Wolves, Burton Derby and Forest, Ipswich and Delia's mob, Boro and Sunderland.

6. sealion

I wonder which players wife he will sleep with.

Lorca likes this.
  7. sealion

Villa play at Millwall last day of the season. We will give Big John a decent send off :D

Lorca and BCBlues like this.
  8. BCBlues

Ja
    Ha ha, I bet they're all keeping a close eye on their missuses, Steve Bruce included.

sealion likes this.
  9. BCBlues

He might come to manage the Lions of London next

10. sealion

He might be shit now anyway. It's a pricey gamble for villa to buy someone at his age and expect him to play 2 games a week.

11. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

I'm sure he'll be expecting it. On 26 mins - with the players forming his traditional guard of honour.

sealion likes this.
  12. sealion

13. BCBlues

Bit rougher down there as well. He will be out to prove a point though and will be a good bet for first goalscorer, he's quite useful in corners.

14. sealion

He has always had good players around him so the step down may expose him as he's getting on a bit. I have won a nice few quid out of him over the years for scoring first. I doubt the bookies will be offering 25's on him this time round.

15. BCBlues

True. Him and Dan Petrescu were great odds.

Millwall got a couple of nice derbies coming up, QP ha ha, Brentford, Fulham. Small grounds, great atmospheres.

sealion likes this.
  16. sealion

They have a very tough start and a fucking basket case for a manager. We have them in september and would love to get that cunt Holloway sacked after a hammering from us. I love going to Fulham and more so when the weather is good, it's a lovely old ground. Not sure if Brentford have moved yet so may have a new ground to visit and tick off the list.

17. Fez909

Fez909 um...

Maaan, don't drag me into this thread yet. I almost forgot about relegation for a bit. :mad: :(

Plenty of change going on at boro atm. New manager. Players being cleaned out like there's no tomorrow. No incomers yet :hmm:

Some of the "guess the opening day line up" teamsheets that are being posted on the boro forums are almost unrecognisable to me...

Championship, eh? Bring it on!

sealion and BCBlues like this.
  18. BCBlues

Craven Cottage is seriously the best football ground left out there at the moment. Love the place.

mod and sealion like this.
  19. technical

technical stripey

The Octagon and sealion like this.
  20. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start.

nice ground for sure, but colder than a witches tit for some reason, whenever i've been anyway. crap atmosphere and no decent pubs nearby afaic. i like preston nob end for some reason.

glad we didn't sign terry - waaay too expensive and a huge gamble - vilers were all saying hes shit and over the hill when it looked like he was going to blues, now hes signed for them he's suddenly the messiah! but thats football fans innit. could go either way, but its a big risk by dr tony genius billionaire owner! weve signed the centre back from barnsley, marc roberts and he looks a decent player tbh.

BCBlues and sealion like this.
  21. sealion

Being on the river makes it nasty in the winter. Brentford is the same with the thames one side of you and the m4 the other.

BCBlues likes this.
  22. mod

mod A modernist

Its a charming old place for sure and universally admired it seems. I can see the floodlights from my desk too.

BCBlues and sealion like this.
  23. technical

technical stripey

You can't have looked very hard. There's loads of decent pubs within a 15/20 minute walk of Craven Cottage

sealion likes this.
  24. sealion

25. BCBlues

Even the walk to it is great through that quaint little park.

sealion likes this.
  26. sealion

This was our boat on it's way to putney bridge last time we played there :D

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    passenger likes this.
  27. mod

mod A modernist

Shocking 0-1 defeat. That was literally men against boys. Mad Felix Magath thought our U21 team would walk the championship. Nope.

28. BCBlues

Bet the peace and quiet was shattered in that park when you lot cut thru :D

sealion likes this.
  29. sealion

Holloway got applaued off the field (not by me ) that day. I knew we were in for a tough season under him and i wasn't wrong.

30. sealion

Booze and spliff everywhere that day. There was couple in the park that has just got married and where posing for the photographer when we turned up. :D