The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

2. sealion

3. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

and Reading sign nobody! and continue to rely on a manager who sends out a team against a division 4 side without a striker, cos like, if we can pass the ball backwards and forwards across the back, why the feck would we need a striker? :thumbs::facepalm::eek:

4. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

5. brixtonblade

6. sealion

So were we :mad: He's a good player and should have no problem stepping up a division, can also play in defence!

brixtonblade likes this.
  7. sealion

8. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop...Hammertime

I have a slight suspicion we might get battered tomorrow night, unless the team produces a 'new manager' type bump in performance.

Hmmm.

9. brixtonblade

I'd take a draw

As usual

10. The Octagon

At home? With your new signings?

I hope Wilder feels the same way :D

11. sealion

If Burton can win at the lane ( sorry brixtonblade :p) surely that must give you a boost

12. The Octagon

You're not wrong, I'm just like Eeyore with Wednesday at the mo

sealion likes this.
  13. brixtonblade

I think you mean Bolton :p

They played the way a few teams do against us these days... Sit deep and try to hit on the break.

14. blairsh

blairsh Nope.

Regarding the steel city derby, Football Heaven has been unbearable this week, soooo many dickeads :facepalm:

15. sealion

Local derby usually means the form book gets torn up.
    I stand corrected :facepalm: oh the shame :D it was the Owls that lost 3-0 to them ( burton)!

16. brixtonblade

Should have been 4... They missed a penalty :D

sealion likes this.
  17. sealion

Ouch :D

18. The Octagon

Good team that Burton.

sealion and brixtonblade like this.
  19. sealion

They are terrible at home, last win was back in September. Different team all together on the road ( yes they beat us as well) :D

The Octagon likes this.
  20. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Well they beat us 2-1 at our place, but that means sweet fa these days. :facepalm:

21. sealion

Is Madejski still involved with the club ?

22. sealion

23. brixtonblade

24. The Octagon

I was more than happy (other than the discipline, we could have been down to 9 easily).

Could have nicked it at the end with Reach too, both goalies in good form last night.

25. mod

mod A modernist

Fulham got a very lucky win against Boro today but we were due some luck. 4th win in 5 games really puts us in the mix now. 1 point from playoffs. 2nd spot not out of reach IMO.

Middlesbrough 0-1 Fulham

sealion likes this.
  26. sealion

A good game at the den yesterday. Preston who brought a decent away following looked very good under ex Norwich boss Alex Neil, playing joined up football, using the wings well and with an end product. We were okay in parts but looked leggish at times and probably lucky to score first. If we hadn't i don't think we would have got the point we finished up with. They were difficult to break down and protecting a five game unbeaten away run. A nice finish for our goal and an equalizer from a free kick that never was from them settled an entertaining game. I wouldn't be surprised if Preston finish in the play off places, again another shit display from the ref.
    Millwall 1-1 Preston North End (CHAMPIONSHIP) Highlights

BCBlues, mod and brixtonblade like this.
  27. Lorca

Lorca Somebody after all, had to make a start

normal service was resumed for blues yesterday, losing 3.0 to a nothing special derby at home, unfortunately to that smug twat rowett. we actually played fairly well believe it or not but derby just had that extra bit of quality when it mattered. no doubt we're in a relegation dogfight now and apparently we're in very serious financial trouble as well (the redknapp effect). btw check out the derby player's rugby tackle on our winger, proper piss take!

Dr. Furface, BCBlues, mod and 2 others like this.
  28. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Tim Cahill back to Millwall sealion ?

Wouldn't mind him down the Bridge at the moment.

29. sealion

I don't know to be honest. He's 38 now and although he's still playing i don't know to what standard. He's a legend with our lot so would be welcomed back with open arms, but we don't do nostalgia down there if your shit and past it ( not saying he is of course). There would certainly be a buzz about the place if it were to occur. I think he would good for the younger players we have to learn from mind!

30. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Cracking player.

sealion likes this.