The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

It's always been the Millwall way no matter what division we play in.

2. sealion

3. sealion

Cardiff fans in good voice

Fez909 likes this.
  4. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

sealion likes this.
  5. sealion

Yes very refreshing and why i posted it!

6. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

In your pre-game talk though?

7. sealion

What do you mean ?

8. butchersapron

Just a crap joke that this below isn't going to fire anyone up if said before the game. To give them a kick for next game though, sure:

sealion likes this.
  9. sealion

Have you seen much or anything of Leeds this season ? They seem to be back on track after a poor run.

10. butchersapron

Only on tv so far this season - which seems to be every effing week. That first period where we were out the gate quick was maybe a bit false - the terrible run after where we couldn't do anything def was. We seem to be having a more settled team/run/injury thing right now with the lights off us a bit. We're def a play off team if city are bloody third. And we got out bad patch gone early.

Kaka Tim likes this.
  11. sealion

That and the fact every team wants to beat a top side and will up there game for that one match.
    Yes there's no recovering from that in march or April. Not to much damage done either although points dropped to some teams around you.

12. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Isn’t this the joy of the Championship tho? Teams come out of the trap quick then have a bad run, whereas others, likeVilla this season, start shit and by Xmas are top 6! Everyone has a good run and a slump at some point,and everyone on their day can beat anyone else!

Kaka Tim likes this.
  13. sealion

It is but barring Bristol city and sheffield united's run of form, the top six is pretty much as i and many others would expect it to be. I hope that changes throughout the season but i doubt it. I think even the less fancied smaller teams that start well fade off because of squad depth and lack of spending power. Villa alone have a pool of eight midfielders that would walk into most teams in our league. I still would rather watch say Millwall v Leeds or Cardiff than be bored shitless watching West brom v Stoke and all the shit that comes with it from sky.

14. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Well as a Cardiff fan I didn’t expect them to be where they are! I always said that the day Colin Wanker became our manager I would walk away, and I stuck through the red kit days! Bit, he has really impressed me and I am starting g to appreciate the fact that the old twat is a genuine, truth talking manager who should be respected, and if there were more like him football might actually be a better place!

brixtonblade likes this.
  15. sealion

I don't care for him to much but always wanted him at our place. He's hated, we are hated ,bloody perfect :D
    Steady on :D

16. Lorca

Lorca Somebody after all, had to make a start

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  17. sealion

18. sealion

19. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop...Hammertime

I'm originally from Barnsley and actually grew up with the Heckingbottoms, they were my cousins age but played footy with us occasionally, I hope the new owners recognise how well he has done at the club and keep him on instead of immediately going for a bigger name, the work he's put in at youth level deserves massive recognition.

Sam Hutchinson is a big loss for us (as is Forestieri) he's right that we need to treat the second half of the season as a new start, hope they're both back soon.

sealion likes this.
  20. sealion

He's a good manger and had them playing decent football when i saw them at ours. I suppose it depends if the owner's a nutter or not!

The Octagon likes this.
  21. sealion

22. sealion

23. The Octagon

24. sealion

Maybe they have someone lined up. I don't think the fans liked him and things were getting pretty toxic so no surprise he's gone.

25. sealion

:D
    That bad is it ?

26. The Octagon

Getting there..

27. sealion

28. pppPenguin

pppPenguin Well-Known Member

Derby fan here, I’ve been holding back on posting because I’ve been expecting us to fall apart and resort to an inconsistent season. We started off that way and the football wasn’t very pleasing to be eye.

After the last 4 seasons we’ve been used to a more fluid style of play, Rowett has us playing a much more solid style of football which makes us look like we’re not really in the game. But as we’ve shown today we can take the pressure and smash teams on the break.

Our defence is absolutely brilliant this season, Keogh is having the season of his career and the addition of Curtis Davies has allowed Keogh to flourish and play to his strengths. Chris Baird is also having a great season and is keeping Andre Wisdom out of the team. Huddlestone hasn’t always been on form but is now starting to dictate the play and has some tough competition for a place in George Thorne, who is probably the better player, but is still playing himself into fitness after over a year out.

Tom Lawrence has shown glimpses of his talent but not quite on it yet, Johnny Russell looks more confident this year and David Nugent’s experience and work rate is invaluable, as is Joe Ledley.

Matej Vydra is having a great season, I wrote him off at the start of the season but he’s making me look stupid. Weimann is also hitting some good form. We’ve got some speedy hard working players up top. The whole team works it’s socks off.

Cardiff must be looking over their shoulders now, rightly so, the most disappointing team I’ve seen derby play this year.

29. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Thanks for popping in now you think you're good :thumbs:

sealion and Lorca like this.
  30. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Shit, just seen this now (via your post)!
    Yep, the fans hated him. He wasn't a hugely popular appointment to begin with, but those that were mildly onboard quickly turned against him.

He spent a ridiculous amount of money and his signings have mostly been unimpressive. For the resources he's had, he should've done better.

Still, it's very un-Boro to sack a manager so soon. We've had 7 managers in the last 15 years, which is pretty good considering the turnover of managers these days. Steve Gibson is a very patient man. Some say to a fault...

sealion and brixtonblade like this.