1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start

BCBlues and sealion like this.
  2. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

mod are you going Saturday ? Got a ticket for the away end although Fulham gave us lees than the last time we played you. Would take a point now because we are awful at the moment.

3. mod

mod A modernist

No i can't. I've got my daughter this weekend. Gutted but thats the way it goes.

Whilst Fulham showed shades of last seasons form and style against Derby on Saturday we are a shadow of the side we were last year. I was expecting automatic promotion this season. We were 'that' good for the 2nd half or last season but the two strikers we paid a combined £15m for our fucking dreadful. They really are.

I'm hopeful to get to the away game at The New Den. I live 10 mins from there after all!

sealion likes this.
  4. mod

mod A modernist

Such optimism!!!! Hasn't panned out that way has it you fool? Teams have really found us out this season and we don't have a Plan B.

If we'd signed a class striker maybe it would have been different. But we signed Rui Fonte and Aboubakar Kamara instead. Both are dreadful.

sealion likes this.
  5. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

You going on the Thames Clipper again?

6. BCBlues

That's a great article.
    I like it when Blues and Baggies fans bump into each other and sing "We hate Villa more than you ":D

7. sealion

Yes mate, about 30 of us joining more nutters at Greenwich for the trip down :cool:

8. sealion

We got the boat to Brenford as well. We got off in Putney a load of Preston thugs came running at us thinking we were Fulham :D Bad move that :)

mod and bromley like this.
  9. BCBlues

Bet that was a wake up call for them lol

sealion likes this.
  10. mod

mod A modernist

sealion likes this.
  11. sealion

The39thStep likes this.
  12. sealion

13. mod

mod A modernist

David Button, our keeper, is a fucking liability. Last season he was dropped in November and replaced by Marcus Bettinelli and we then stormed up the league. Here's hoping Bettinelli now starts on Saturday and we can really crack on.

No coincidence neither of our rubbish new striker started last night and we started scoring for fun again.

14. sealion

So is ours. He fluffed a couple at Sunderland and is dodgy all round at the moment. Should make Saturdays game a bit more intresting. You seem to win more away from home for some reason.

15. krink

krink I'll do it this afternoon

So CC lost his first proper game but a few of the lads who went down Villa were saying that they felt a little less depressed than normal despite losing. Burton away on Saturday. See how it goes but I'm not expecting anything to improve tbh.

16. sealion

Up and running krink :thumbs:
    Burton Albion 0-2 Sunderland (CHAMPIONSHIP) Highlights

krink likes this.
  17. sealion

A good day as usual out on the Thames yesterday until the match kicked off :D We are struggling at the moment and playing one long ball after another won't bring us any points. Fulham looked good in parts with there build up play and passing and have a couple of tricky wingers. The penalty looked cheap but we would have been calling for it had it been at the other end. They are a good counter attacking side( i can see why they pick up more points away from home ) and with the addition of a decent striker could possibly make the play offs.
    Fulhams support was a lot less vocal than on my previous visits and those fucking hand clappers being waved about should be only allowed in the prem :mad:

Fulham 1-0 Millwall (CHAMPIONSHIP) Highlights

mod and passenger like this.
  18. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the den next week

Pleased to hear you're not playing great :thumbs:

19. sealion

Likewise. You always bring a good noisy following and that fires up our crowd.
    I fear we may be a good team to play to end your blip. However we have a couple of important players back and we do raise our game against the top teams. Should be an open game which gives us a chance, breaking teams down that come to defend has been an issue so i hope you go gun ho!

20. brixtonblade

Yeah, they'll be on the front foot. Should be a good turn out too so atmosphere will be good. Always feels like a proper game even though it's a new ground.

sealion likes this.
  21. mod

mod A modernist

Yeah pretty much echos what Ffc and mfc mates at the game said.

We were missing our best CB Tim Ream and McDonald who’s a defensive midfielder and arguably been our best player this season. When I seen them missing from the teamsheet and Buttons inclusion I feared the worst but we scrapped a 1-0 and scored a pen. Those things are both very unusual.

Hope you lot start picking up some points as you could be in for a struggle. Neil Harris is very very direct. Need little more technique in this league imo

sealion likes this.
  22. sealion

He scored most of his goals playing the direct route so he won't or can't change it. We have on rare occasions played joined up football and got positive results but then resort back to hoofing it. We have some good ball players in the team that are showing signs of frustration due to the tactics and the fans are getting a bit irked as well. It needs to change! A bloke on one of your forums summed us up , saying we looked technically poor and he ain't wrong.

23. sealion

24. sealion

25. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

JimW and sealion like this.
  26. sealion

27. sealion

28. brixtonblade

I'm getting much more excited about a trip to the den than is healthy

29. brixtonblade

Balls.

We want so many touches it's untrue.

30. sealion

I can see why you have done well this season and you play some nice football. I think you do over elaborate a bit and need to be a bit more direct at times in this league. I think we played okay in parts particularly when we passed on the floor and used the wings. I felt the atmosphere was a bit flat at times from both sets of fans which is unusual for this fixture. Happy with the much needed points and the fact Billy Sharp didn't start.

brixtonblade likes this.