The championship thread 2017-18

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jun 21, 2017.

1. sealion

sealion Splish splash splosh

2. sealion

3. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start

went to the blues villa 'derby' sunday - was a bit tame tbh. i know i'm biased but veela fans were as usual really poor, mostly travelling to the game on coaches and who thought handing out those daft cardboard clappers was a good idea needs talking to! still, what saps villa are, complaining and saying they were dangerous missiles. i heard wmp received hundreds of complaints from villa fans about blues fans' behaviour. i honestly think a better derby is against the dingles now, at least it has a bit of an edge (to put it mildly!) in other news, we're still terrible lol!

4. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop...Hammertime

Ave it :eek::D

Fez909, krink and sealion like this.
  5. krink

krink I'll do it this afternoon

Bottom of the league and we play Boro today. If we fail to win, we are record breakers in that respect too.

6. sealion

brixtonblade likes this.
  7. sealion

We were shit yesterday and deserved nothing from the game. I did however witness one of the worst referees i've ever seen. Tony Harrington you are a cunt!

8. sealion

9. krink

Sunderland now hold the record for consecutive games without a win. I think it's about ten fucking million

sealion likes this.
  10. sealion

You are playing us next up so you should finally get off the mark :D

krink likes this.
  11. krink

I heard there is going to be a big donation to Bradley's Foundation from your lot sealion that's quality :thumbs:

sealion likes this.
  12. sealion

13. sealion

14. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

15. sealion

They have certainly improved of late but not the team they were last season.

16. sealion

17. sealion

18. krink

MCcoist please no! I think Heck is favourite at the moment and I think he might be about as good as we'll get in our position. I still think we are totally doomed to relegation.

sealion likes this.
  19. sealion

Chris Coleman !
    Chris Coleman leaves Wales role for Sunderland job

krink likes this.
  20. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Didnt see that coming.

krink likes this.
  21. krink

Didn't see that coming either! FAW are not happy and he'll probably regret it, this club is really messed up internally.

22. krink

Shame really, he could probably do a decent job with a healthy club.

23. 1927

Look at his record at club level! It ain’t great.

With Wales he was very lucky to inherit a golden generation that Speed had on the way. We had a great Euro’s, but when it mattered against Ireland he got the tactics totally wrong.

I’m amazed he’s walked away from the squad as it is now with the youngsters looking awesome against Panama last week, maybe he’s gone before he’s found out!

At Sunderland he’s in a no lose situation. Keep them up and he’s a hero, go down and he can claim they were already fucked.

Wales haven’t got a qualifier for atleast a year. He’ll prob be sacked by then and can come back.

Personally I’d like Thierry Henry with Bellamy.

24. pocketscience

pocketscience Well-Known Member

if he doesn't stop the rot at Sunderland and they do go down, would you even want him back?

25. sealion

I heard a Sunderland supporter on some phone in, he reckoned a relegation could be whats needed to clear all the shit out. Get rid and start afresh next season because the club is toxic and still paying massive salaries.

26. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

I dont understand that... its not getting relegated that gets rid of the contracts, it's just them running their course. It's got to be better staying in the championship than going down.

27. sealion

Im guessing the contracts are renegotiated or already have release clauses built in should they be relegated. I doubt they are still paying premier wages in the championship.

28. sealion

krink likes this.
  29. 1927

They had a relegation last season!:)

krink likes this.
  30. sealion

I know :rolleyes: