The Championship 2019-20

Discussion in 'football' started by technical, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Lorca

Lorca Somebody after all, had to make a start

especially, if like me, you suffer from insomnia

2. Lorca

Lol

Badgers likes this.
  3. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

I think he made one decent save in the first half, but otherwise that Leeds keeper looked like an accident waiting to happen.

4. mod

mod A modernist

Great start from Fulham! We were dreadful by all accounts.

5. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Ok, so Reading are bottom of the table, (only on alphabetical order) after one game.

But after today's signing we have Pele, Puscas and Moore in the squad, so that won't last long.

:facepalm:

technical likes this.
  6. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

well - here we go again.
    Great start by leeds - real swagger.

And great to have some continuity - keeping Bielsa is a major major plus. Core of the team is unchanged other than janson being replaced by white (some talk that he was a bit of a shit stirrer in the dressing room - so may be a net positive) - and roofe leaving for anderlecht (fair enough - as he'd be 2nd string striker after bamford)

Signing Helda Costa and getting the highly rated Nketiah on a years loan from Arsenal both count as major coups. The bielsa effect - players want to come to elland road - his record of tkaing players and significantly improving them is really impressive. And - in kalvin phillips' case - they want to stay, despite the best efforts of villa and others in the prem.
    So here's to another season of swashbuckling attacking football - hopefully rewarded with promotion this time ... (probably shit or bust now - if we dont go up i can see bielsa and half the team departing) .

7. mod

mod A modernist

Leeds favorites for the title ahead of Fulham. I'm going to the Cottage tomorrow to see us play Blackburn so will get a better idea if their prediction is accurate or not. We have a very very good side on paper but Parker is an unknown entity. let's see.

I have good recent memories of Fulham v Leeds.

8. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

:mad: fergie time injustice :mad:

(eta - great goal has to be said ...)

mod likes this.
  9. mod

mod A modernist

Kaka Tim We scored a perfectly good goal in the first half that had crossed the line. Even the two Leeds fans sitting in front of us thought so. It was justice!

That became our 6th game unbeaten in a run that went on to become 23 unbeaten and took us from here...

Screenshot 2019-08-09 at 15.01.05.png

...to 3rd and promotion.

But thats the great thing about this league. We had a dreadful start to the season this year. I think we were 14th at Christmas. And still went up!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  10. mod

mod A modernist

Just seen Fulham beat Blackburn computably. Harry Arter and Anothony Knockhart are fantastic players. Really impressed. Mitro and Cairney are class at this level. I’m confident of a top 6 finish. Possibly top 2.

11. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

First home game for the baggies, was great to go (nothing like live footy is there) but not the most inspiring game I’ve ever seen. We seem better defensively which is good but there was a lot of aimless passing which felt a bit ‘look we’ve finally mastered passing to people in the right shirt!’. Appreciate gotta give Billic time though. Bring on the rest of the season.

12. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop...Hammertime

Right, no need for the rest of the season, just stop it right here, everything's fine.

purenarcotic and technical like this.
  13. technical

technical stripey

Great start for Wednesday although to be honest I do t think we’ve played teams that are going to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season as yet (no offence mx wcfc)

Millwall away next - win that and Bullen will be a lot closer to getting the job

14. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

How many points are required for safety? 50? 44 to go. :cool:

Badgers and technical like this.
  15. Lorca

holy smokes, blues were so, so bad yesterday (lost 3.0 away at forest) you've just got to laugh. gonna be a long season i think. we've been ordered by our idiot chinese owners to play a continental, passing game, which is fine when you've got nicholas pepe and dani cebellos in yer team, not so much with jonathon grounds and lee camp lol :D they'll sack the manager by xmas, it's all so predictable.

Badgers likes this.
  16. technical

technical stripey

Massively frustrating afternoon for Wednesday yesterday - we should have won easily. Just not clinical enough in front of goal.

And at the risk of sounding like sour grapes, milwall are not a pretty team to watch although have to say they defended really well with 10 men. We just couldn’t create any space like we did against Reading and Barnsley