The Championship 2018/19 thread

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jul 12, 2018.

1. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

It would be like asking Carillion to tarmac your drive to fill in the holes

sealion likes this.
  2. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Tbf, when we come to the den that's what we call you

Just without the soccer bit

mx wcfc likes this.
  3. mod

mod A modernist

I’m enjoying this immensely. Was pleased when they appointed Mclaren but never expected him to do this well. Hope they keep him. Give him a chance to keep losing.

1927 and mx wcfc like this.
  4. sealion

sealion Splish splash splosh

Well it must be frustrating losing at our place :p

brixtonblade likes this.
  5. sealion

I doubt they can afford to sack him, what a lovely mess :)

1927 and mod like this.
  6. mod

mod A modernist

Seems silly to gloat as we don't have any points on the board either but one senses a crisis is brewing in Shepherds Bush. One of the very few clubs I harbour any animosity towards as they seem obsessed with us and always always try to lord it when they come to CC.

sealion likes this.
  7. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Reading two up at half time away at Blackburn. Incredulity all over Hob Nob Anyone. "We're gonna lose 3-2" heard from the away end at Ewood Park.

8. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

WTF are Millwall playing at?

9. mx wcfc

First point of the season! I was wrong!

People watching on Sky report the 2 pens we conceded were both stupid fouls from our captain McShane. We could have won it but for his complete ineptitude. Calls for his head and more. But we have a point.

How come Stoke are so poor?

sealion likes this.
  10. sealion

They may pick up once the players get used to the division, i have my reservations about Gary Rowett ,apart from Birmingham when he just missed the play offs he hasn't done much to warrant the headlines and biggish job.

11. sealion

All over the place tonight, my mate said if Wednesday wern't so shit we would have lost by five. Saville has been shit for us since Middlesboro made a bid for him, same as wallace which is a problem because they are our best two creative players. Morrison hasn't got the legs for this division, which doesn't bode well because he has a massive influence when on the pitch.

brixtonblade likes this.
  12. sealion

Wigan have taken to this league very well, there only loss was to a last minute winner against Villa.

13. sealion

14. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop...Hammertime

Bannan's goal was a great strike but we were hanging on at the end.

Just glad to see us play well for stretches and win a game

15. sealion

Bannan is getting the credit for your win on our forums. Seems like he wanted to take it to us, and did, he's a good player in this division. We seemed to play better when the subs came on early into the 2nd half, something Harris doesn't usually do until later in a game. I noticed Foresteri and Boyd were only subs tonight and don 't start all the games, whys that?

16. technical

technical stripey

Forestieri been carrying an injury and Boyd is basically crap. Having said that, manager has been making some strange selections - including not picking Westwood in goal. Still, at least we're underway after last night

sealion likes this.
  17. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop...Hammertime

Yeah, Boyd does the hold-up striker role occasionally well, but far too inconsistent and not suited to when we're trying to break quickly (better to have Reach and Bannan facing the opp defence and coming from midfield).

Forestieri is following in the tradition of Wednesday having a mercurial-if-temperamental wildcard (Carbone, Di Canio, Cantona if I'm being very technical and thinking wishfully....*sobs*.... anyway...).

When he's on form he looks Premier League class, just doesn't happen often enough.

sealion likes this.
  18. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Well that was satisfying. 91st minute winner :cool:

Top of the league, unbeaten after 5 games. This is very un-Boro.

The pressing was impressive tonight...they were swarming West Brom and fighting for the ball in a way I've not seen Boro do since...maybe ever?! They actually looked like they were giving everything.

The quality still isn't there, and we'd get absolutely dicked with this squad in the Prem, but going off this start, I feel like we might do OK. Barring injuries...:hmm:

19. sealion

Four clean sheet's to boot!
    I believe Boro made an improved bid for Saville (Millwall) to strengthen your midfield options. He may well go in January if his performances since the original bid are anything to go by.
    Just think Cardiff, Pulis like Warnock knows what it takes to do well in this league.

brixtonblade and Fez909 like this.
  20. sealion

21. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

22. sealion

There has been some very poor reffing decisions in the games i've attended so far, for and against. Often incidents in full view of the officials go unnoticed or are called the wrong way, some of them ruin the game as a spectacle.

Fez909 likes this.
  23. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

I haven't watched the highlights you posted, but the penalty decision against boro...the ref was looking right at Ayala (I think it was), with nobody between him and the ref. It was as clear a view as you're ever likely to get for a tussle in the box. And the foul was Columbia vs England level of obviousness. Yet the ref gave nothing.

I missed the WBA penalty call, but that was apparently equally obvious - the only thing I can think of is the ref realised he got it wrong and let the Boro foul slide to 'even things up'.

If it's not that (and that's bad enough), then it was a shocking reffing display.

sealion likes this.
  24. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards 1967 Maserati Mistral.

Jesus wept :(

Those 2 points could well be critical.

25. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

Leeds 3 Norwich 0. Top of the league. Best ive seen leeds play in nearly 20 years . Bielsa Ball FTW - next league game - 2nd place Middlesbrough at Elland Road. Bring it!

Fez909 and sealion like this.
  26. sealion

Nah you should stay up stan :p

discokermit and Fez909 like this.
  27. mx wcfc

Still not bottom. :thumbs::thumbs::facepalm:

Kaka Tim and sealion like this.
  28. sealion

Thats two good away results now for the Royals! Have you turnrd thr preverbal corner or is the style of play different on the road?

29. mx wcfc

I fucking hate that nickname.

Biscuitmen, for ever.

We are now behind Quarter Pound of Rubbish.:facepalm::(:mad:

30. sealion

I had a quid on you today to win 3-1 :mad: :facepalm: :D