The Championship 2018/19 thread

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jul 12, 2018.

1. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop...Hammertime

Much more likely to get the hook I think.
    Eh?

EDIT - Ah you're referring to this - Mansfield Town: Football Association looking into racism allegation

Bit thin on details there, but if anyone's thrown around racist abuse they can fuck off.

It'd be like employing a unrepentant rapist.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  2. mod

mod A modernist

I'm still lurking in here gents.

What happened against Boro sealion? Must have felt like a defeat.

I reckon Brentford will go up this season. Been a strong side for a few years now but maybe a little more streetwise now.

3. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

Good luck for Saturday and the season ahead, Looks like you have recruited wisely with some good young players, they better do well as i have a couple in my fantasy team.
    They have been one of the best footballing teams in this division for a while now, great to watch but sometimes come up short against the more physical sides.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  4. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

No chance .... Keep selling people

5. sealion

6. sealion

7. sealion

Good win that, you'll have to get triple pissed now!

brixtonblade and passenger like this.
  8. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

leeds with another stonking performance - beating derby 4-1 away. All players from last season bar douglas at left back - "el loco" bielsa has taken last seasons mediocrities and turned them into a class act.

Fez909 likes this.
  9. sealion

The only negatives i've seen written on Bielsa are, he pushes his players to the limit physically, often ending in burnout when it matters most and he's a hot head that could walk at any moment. There are no questions over his ability to manage and play good football.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  10. sealion

Fez909 likes this.
  11. sealion

12. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Looked an entertaining game, but the quality on show seems low...contrasting that with the Leeds highlights I've seen. They look the team to beat this season, defo.

13. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

14. sealion

I listened to the game, Leeds sounded impressive and constantly on the front foot, i couldn't find any highlights for it when i looked.
    I should back them to win game by game, watch the wheels come off then :D

Fez909 likes this.
  15. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

Derby County 1-4 Leeds United (CHAMPIONSHIP) Highlights

sealion likes this.
  16. brixtonblade

Great result. Both teams looked pretty low on confidence and United look like needing to score twice a game as we're flimsy defending.
    Hope we can kick on now we've got some points on the board. There's some decent players in the squad and it's nice to watch us try and play through teams instead of humping it the whole time.

sealion likes this.
  17. brixtonblade

And I did.. Tried to show the youngsters how to floss.

Rebelda and sealion like this.
  18. sealion

Qpr's scorer looked handy from the clips i watched, he has an eye for goal!

19. sealion

20. brixtonblade

It was a very soft penalty.

QPR had a few tidy players but they didn't turn it in to much sustained pressure. I can't see utd pulling up any trees this season so you'd guess Rangers might struggle.

21. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Bielsa's teams when they work have an amazing ability to get players in the box

22. sealion

23. Lorca

Lorca Somebody after all, had to make a start

Based on what i've seen so far, I reckon blues will be alright this season...as long as we shore up the defence, tighten up the midfield, strengthen the attack to actually try and score a feckin' goal every now and again, cut out the constant silly mistakes and concentrate better, pass the ball to someone on our own team occasionally, show some feckin' fight, sell Cheik N'Doye (surely one of the worst players i've ever seen and remember i'm a birmingham city fan, so i've seen some real dross) and settle on a coherent system. Or if any of that's not possible, then spending £80million on new players would probably do it :D

24. sealion

Just a few tweaks then :D

Lorca likes this.
  25. sealion

Lorca likes this.
  26. Lorca

Lorca Somebody after all, had to make a start

So, Blues 0, Swans 0. we actually played really well tonight, just couldn't score - though I have to eat my words, Bogle looks quite decent. Swansea were terrible though.

brixtonblade likes this.
  27. sealion

I listened to the 2nd half, sounded like you were all over them. Swansea have started well so not a bad result for you.

28. sealion

17 shots,only six on target! 3-4 to nil that should have been. Having that 20 goal a season striker can be the difference in this league, but only a few clubs can afford that money. Still a positive start and if you can keep playing like that,,,,,

Birmingham City 0-0 Swansea City (CHAMPIONSHIP) Highlights

BCBlues and brixtonblade like this.
  29. sealion

Well they got spanked 7-1 today at West brom, Mclaren out threads have already started on their forums :D

brixtonblade likes this.
  30. brixtonblade

That's a shocking result. Makes me relieved we got the points last week!

sealion likes this.