The Championship 2018/19 thread

Discussion in 'football' started by sealion, Jul 12, 2018.

1. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

BCBlues likes this.
  2. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

3. sealion

The39thStep likes this.
  4. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

5. sealion

Had a read up on him, nothing but good things said. Leeds needs some stability if they want to go anywhere. Derby away next will be a good test!

6. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

He was great at Bilbao but hes had some disasters as well. Stability isnt a strong point.

7. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Really gutted about this, but expected it in our first season after relegation, so can't complaing too much.

Traore stings a bit as he's been shite everywhere except us. We finally get him looking like a footballer and then he's off. Meh

But the worst is Bamford. Literally no idea why he's gone. He's played like an absolute donkey at every club he's ever been at...except Boro. Twice.

Championship player of the season when he was with us the first time. He goes to CP. Gets 6 games and does fuck all. Goes to Norwich. 7 games and fuck all. Burnley for a year. 7 games and fuck all. Back to boro and a respectable 12 goals. He's clearly meant to be here. So why sell him? And to Leeds?! It makes no sense.

I look forward to his 0 goals.

Not sure what's going on with Boro. Must be some money problems to sell our three best players like that, so late in the window. I can imagine Pulis walking. I would.

No way we're doing anything this season.

sealion likes this.
  8. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

You'll get 3 points tonight unless Blades sort their shit out and learn how to mark.

sealion likes this.
  9. sealion

Boro cruised it in the end, 3-0 after 25 minutes and Flint who was prolific at Bristol city got on the scoresheet. Boro top of the league tonight.

Fez909 and The39thStep like this.
  10. brixtonblade

Cant wait for us at QPR on Saturday! Will have to get double pissed before the game.

Fez909 and sealion like this.
  11. sealion

How did you manage to get a ticket? they are tight them when we play them.
    I'm sure you'll manage that!

12. brixtonblade

Got the whole end and I've got a few points

13. sealion

The last time over there we only got the top tier, still made more of a racket than them.
    Handy! I need to do a few aways to bump mine up too.

14. sealion

Bloody love watching this back

brixtonblade and Fez909 like this.
  15. sealion

16. brixtonblade

17. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop...Hammertime

Depends on perspective ;)

18. Lorca

Lorca Somebody after all, had to make a start

fire up the promotion bus - our transfer embargo has been lifted for loans - we've just signed...wait for it...omar boggle. woop woop!

Benjamin F, BCBlues and sealion like this.
  19. sealion

You did have a go and looked much better in the second half!

20. sealion

:D

21. brixtonblade

Yeah. I actually think we'll beat QPR.
    Could really do with a striker though

22. sealion

23. brixtonblade

sealion likes this.
  24. sealion

Thought that might cheer you up :) I hope the fa properly clamp down on this malarky, the fines are fuck all compared to whats spent and hardly prohibitive.

brixtonblade likes this.
  25. The Octagon

Yeah, Chairman is whacking up prices and generally making an arse of himself with the fans, we've known we were 'unofficially' embargoed for a while (no new signings at all this summer), finally been confirmed.

Poor transfer market dealings, some 'questionable' sponsorship deals (we are now kit sponsored by an energy drink made by our owner's company) and impatience seems to be the main issue.

Not convinced by our newish manager either, we weren't awful in the first game but another season like last year and we'll be in real trouble (again).

EDIT - Also we've fallen out with BBC Sheffield over commentary rights / payments, so now fans can't even listen to us, fucking stupid decision.

sealion likes this.
  26. The Octagon

Knew I had to get my dig in quickly, we're going to provide you with endless entertainment this year I fear ;)

brixtonblade and sealion like this.
  27. sealion

Do you know how much the deal is worth? I know Man city and a few other clubs do this to get around ffp.

28. The Octagon

That would be my suspicion as well, the brand is called ELEV8, not a great deal of information online and nothing about the worth of the deal, smells fishy (which ironically, is how our Thai owner acquired his fortune, through an inherited Tuna business).

sealion likes this.
  29. sealion

:D

A play off Plaice awaits :p

Fez909 and The Octagon like this.
  30. brixtonblade

If we're listing your summer of fun shouldn't we talk about the racist and the punch up?