1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the black museum

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by hash tag, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Bungle73

Bungle73 I was there, now I'm here

In the exhibition is open until late on some days, and in some cases until midnight ( :eek: ) towards the end of its run.

2. toggle

toggle wobbly

certainly not sensationalist. far, far from that. in a very, very impressive way, considiering some of the subject matter. i went in there prepared to be critical on that. because the true crime stuff is not my thing. it's his thing. it's what he makes a living out of. and i find aspects of that genre nauseating. including some of the stuff his editors commission. but this was awesomely well done.

but i wouldn't say it wasn't challenging. I had my own tour guide giving me an enormous amount of background info for just about everything we saw, and I already knew a fair bit about some f the cases. seeing artifacts related to those was challenging. particularly on the cases where although the letter of the law was followed in sentencing, the cases resulted in the law being changed. and seeing a mock up of the bomb i felt go off made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up all over again. not as much as the one on backstreet abortion did.

i think ti's one of those things where the more you already know, the more it means to be in the same room as some of the exhibits. and it's knowing all that stuff that makes it challenging to see. far more so than just reading about the cases.

but again, i think it challenged enough, but not too much.

Hoss likes this.
  3. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

I'm going to it in a couple of weeks.

4. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

A straigh rip from Ian visits, I see that there is a rare opening of the Wandsworth Prison Museum if anyone is so inclinde

"Saturday 3rd & Sunday 4th June – 10am-5pm (closed 1-2pm) Open Weekend: Wandsworth Prison Museum
    The museum has re-opened in a brand new building. New displays cover the prison’s 166 year history, telling the story of residents including Oscar Wilde, Ronnie Biggs, the Acid Bath Murderer, conscientious objectors, spies and traitors. • Prison Museum, North Gate car park, Wandsworth Prison, Heathfield Rd SW18 3HR • FREE • No booking required"

5. Bakunin

Bakunin I am Noodle's bitch.

'In a crisis situation, prisoners may exit through the large trapdoors situated in the unusually comfortable cell at the end of D Wing. Thank you for your co-operation...'

Bahnhof Strasse and hash tag like this.
  6. very small museum - It is a shame, it could be a real tourist draw ( i.e. £££) is it were funded and a decent size

7. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Indeed. Someone very close to me offered them help with charitable status, funding and the like....silence.......