1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Big Retreat, Lawrenny, Friday 25th May - Monday 28th May 2018

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by existentialist, Jan 19, 2018.

1. existentialist

existentialist Spartacus? No, never heard of him.

This thing. Lots of personal growth/woo/reiki/empowerment stuff by day, and bands by night.

Join us for a Festival of Feel Good - we've something for everyone

I have an agenda: a band I'm in are booked for this. Sadly, it now looks as if they are not going to be doing it, but I bloody am. Expect a lone wolf electric violinist, hassling the acts for guest opportunities. But, yannow, it's on a farm. In West Wales. With, I have no doubt, some degree of coolness. I'll be the bloke in the campervan with the waistcoat, a hat, and a musical instrument. Looking...hungry.

:)

kebabking, Pickman's model and editor like this.
  2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

The location is fantastic and I like the small festival vibes, but it's most definitely not my kind of thing!
    I hope you have a great time (I've added the dates in the title). Wales in May? Ambitious! :D

existentialist likes this.
  3. existentialist

If it isn't going to piss down epically, that may well be the weekend it doesn't. Thank you for adding the dates :)

4. Pickman's model

Pickman's model amid a crowd of stars

Will you be wearing your Ruddy Yurts t-shirt? The one still stained by the great man's vomit?

5. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

Fuck off. We just get a bad press. On the weather page.

Guest list bro? I love Lawrenny.

existentialist and editor like this.
  6. existentialist

Now *there's* a thought...

Let's have a t-shirt design thread. Not this one.

Pickman's model likes this.
  7. existentialist

I'm not in charge of that shit, but I'm sure I could have a word if I had a good mate coming...I think the lady in charge might be...influenceable

8. teuchter

teuchter je suis teuchter

Is this one of those things where all the english folk, that the locals hate, gather?

I stayed about 3km from there about this time last year.

9. existentialist

They call this part of the world "Little England beyond Wales", and as far as I can tell, there's very little anti-English feeling. And, since I found out about it, it seems to be one of the area's best kept secrets - lots of locals know about it, and go. (It also turns out that I taught the lady who owns the farm it's held on.)

10. blossie33

blossie33 trailer trash

I've been to Lawrenny, stayed at Cresswell Quay.
    It's a lovely area :)

planetgeli and existentialist like this.
  11. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Even better if a few Urbs attended with different designs from tours dating back to the 60s, and weather them so they look authentic!lol

12. existentialist

I have started designing a 1974 World Tour one, in yellow on mauvy purple...

13. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

I think someone should use something like this for the Bassoon Baboon Tour of early 77. Copyright won't be an issue, after all it aint gonna be easy to track down Ruddy's management/promotion company is it? lol

[​IMG]

14. existentialist

I was chatting to one of the Shanti Le Hara people yesterday, and they've got a daytime slot on the Saturday - great bluegrassy folky type operation that should be worth a listen.

And I'm (apparently :hmm:) down for some improvisational noodling in between poetry readings. How are the mighty fallen.

blossie33 likes this.