Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The best stuff in West Norwood, plus news and chat

ringo

Macaroni cheese controller
Wok U Like, near the railway station/theatre, consistently the best in the area.
Still haven't found this, but have now looked it up on the internets - reckon the day I went looking for it I stopped about 20 meters short of it :)

ringo

Still haven't found this, but have now looked it up on the internets - reckon the day I went looking for it I stopped about 20 meters short of it :)
Went looking for Wok U Like again, forgot what number it was and didn't find it again :facepalm:

From this picture it looks like the place right by the train station/theatre, but I think it had a different name, definitely had a sign saying 'under nre management' and was completely shut.

RaverDrew

self-banned for a bit
R.I.P.
I think you might be right, as I whizzed past on the bus earlier and thought I saw a new place where Wok U Like is/was. I'll check again tomorrow, but it'll be a real shame if it has gone.

boohoo

No.
Great North Wood pub? (i've not eaten in there but it is meant to be good) Also near the train station in case either of you need a swift exit! :D

ash

Inittogether
And there's an amazing Italian on the left as you walk up the hill past errameus then after the greasy spoon not sure when it opens but had a lovely meal in the evening

editor

hiraethified
Just got sent this from a friend:
I've just been to a new vegan pop up at the Portico gallery opened by a young local , Eddie Mangoman. The prices are really ( refreshingly!) reasonable,( £2.50 for porridge! ) which i commented on, they want to keep it affordable for the community.I have no connection to it, it's just nice to see a local lad getting something positive off the ground, so I will be letting people know about it!

ringo

Still changing Indian and Chinese delivery places every few months, so if anyone has a new or confirmed favourite let's hear it.

Gurkha Cottage in Gypsy Hill currently favourite for Indian/Nepalese.

colacubes

Eastern Cuisine on Gipsy Hill current favourite for curry. New May Flower (which is in West Dulwich I think) is pretty reliable for Chinese.

ringo

Gave up on Eastern Cuisine. They're a bit more expensive and were great for a good couple of years, but then we had three badly cooked meals in a row about a year ago so it wasn't worth paying extra. Maybe the good chef came back :D

Haven't heard of New May Flower, cheers, will give them a go.

colacubes

Gave up on Eastern Cuisine. They're a bit more expensive and were great for a good couple of years, but then we had three badly cooked meals in a row about a year ago so it wasn't worth paying extra. Maybe the good chef came back :D

Haven't heard of New May Flower, cheers, will give them a go.
I gave up on Ghurka Cottage for the same reason :D Maybe I should give them another go.

New May Flower isn’t amazing but they’re generally consistently decent on the classics.

ringo

Eastern Cuisine on Gipsy Hill current favourite for curry. New May Flower (which is in West Dulwich I think) is pretty reliable for Chinese.
We used Eastern Cuisine on Friday. Mostly good but my fish curry came in a bland grey sauce that could well have been wallpaper paste. I've got some leftover but I'm going to fish the fish out of it (eh?) and find something else to have with rice and dal.