The Beautiful Game - exhibition feat. photography by Duncan Palmer and Sam Mellish

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Cyclodunc, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Hi, have mentioned elsewhere, but thought I'd start this thread too.

I'm launching my exhibition with Sam Mellish on Wednesday 1st August at 7pm, Brick Brewery in Peckham.

New exhibition – Brick Brewery

It is all about last season's promotion campaign, and we've painted their art wall pink and blue for the occasion.

Would be great to see loads of Hamlet fans there. If you can't come, it'll be on until 6th September.

All my photos will be available to purchase on request once we've finished the show.

editor - could you possibly run a brief piece on Brixton Buzz to share the details please?

Thanks everyone!

066fc169-4c37-4ebc-a895-1733840285e9.jpg fullsizeoutput_9e6a.jpeg

Dirty South, Jimbob73, Taper and 3 others like this.
  2. Don Troooomp

Don Troooomp Condescension and embedded self importance

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Can you send me a press release with maybe 5 or 6 sample images?

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  4. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

Would have loved to have gone this, but alas I'm in Birmingham, so will take a look on a non-launch night!

Cyclodunc likes this.
  5. Cyclodunc

Ah, shame you can't come tomorrow. Hope you enjoy your visit some time in August/September!

Christian Burt likes this.
  6. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

Hope it goes really well tonight and hopefully I can make it along before it closes. From the preparation pictures it looks like it will be fantastic.

Noss, Cyclodunc and Pink Panther like this.
  7. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Great pictures and a lovely evening, good to see everyone again and roll on Saturday!

8. Cyclodunc

Thanks to everyone for coming last night! Amazing turnout from the hamlet massive

9. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Can't wait to see it, I assume it's open the same times as the Tap room?
    [Tap Room is open Tuesday-Friday 5pm to 10pm; Saturday 12 noon to 10pm and Sunday 12noon to 8pm]

10. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Yes, it basically covers a wall inside the tap room, which is in a railway arch under platforms 1 and 2 at Peckham Rye station, accessible from Blenheim Grove.

Jimbob73 and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  11. Cyclodunc

I'll be on the Robert Elms show on BBC Radio London along with Sam Mellish tomorrow talking about our exhibition. Starts at 10am.

jnrknight and Pink Panther like this.
  12. Cyclodunc

Was good to get down to Brick again last night to see the exhibition in a less hectic environment.

Brick have kindly offered to extend the show until 12th September, so people will have more of an opportunity to (re)visit.

scousedom, clog, dcdulwich and 6 others like this.
  13. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Cyclodunc likes this.
  14. Clareg

Clareg Member

I've been to see this exhibition twice and loved it. Just wished I was bit taller to see the ones on the top row a bit better !

15. Cyclodunc

Thank you!

16. Cyclodunc

I have 22 prints left from the exhibition after it was taken down that I am selling for £15 each.

They are printed on Phototex, a paper that can be re-stuck to a wall or of course framed. It is kind of a paper / fabric mix, so not the gloss photography paper that I usually use; Therefore the images are not as pin sharp. They are still in good nick after being on the wall of Brick for over a month.

Let me know if you would like to purchase one (or more!)

17. Cyclodunc

8792F527-7A64-418D-B2C8-D3645B48D434.png 1443DAFF-0126-4DB2-BC92-03D5E61D69F7.png 2A9E649B-A9F7-443A-8D3C-D4FFF25F31FF.png The ones that have been sold already are:

- jnrknight and Dodger celebrating a goal
    - Dipo’s penalty
    - Rabble with big bar scarf banner before playoff semi.

Ta!

18. Cyclodunc

The photos:

813565E5-2FA3-4817-802F-9DFC7A1A325D.png 496B112D-FF6A-48EC-93A6-D75FC8A8E6DE.png C645045D-27B5-47AC-BD91-91FE6126EF39.png

Eagle eyed people may notice no. 113 was not actually in the exhibition. It is Hayles’ celebration after Tomlin’s PO final equaliser

19. Cyclodunc

Nos. 52, 95, 122 and 135 have now been sold.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    bkbk and editor like this.
  20. Cyclodunc

Confirmation that 125, 102 and 97 all gone

21. Cyclodunc

All are available on glossy photo paper for £30 each, I should add!