*The Archers thread

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by Ms T, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Libertad

Libertad Man of Steal

Yes he is.

2. A380

A380 How do I change this 'custom title' thing then?

Tom's reaction seems to be a storyline bolted on to a character that doesn't really fit previous behaviour.

I thought Christopher had had a voice change too. Can't be bothered to google though.

3. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

I am still shocked at the £20k it took to repair the tractor !! :)

RubyToogood likes this.
  4. bluescreen

bluescreen Je est un autre

Trying to think if there's a single likeable character with the surname Archer.

5. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

Kenton can be ok.

6. weltweit

Why did no one tell me that Friday's episode was worth listening to?

:)

7. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

Really?

8. weltweit

Really what?

9. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

Is it actually worth listening to? Does anything happen?

It's been bloody awful of late

10. weltweit

Well I only got into it while Rob versus Helen was on so since then I agree not much has been happening but I still usually make an effort to listen either live or on catchup.

On Friday Pip dumped lying scumbag so that was a little action .. :)

11. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

Ooh thought she was going to put up with him forever.. Will she now remember Rex exists ?

I might make an effort to hear the omnibus tomorrow then :thumbs:

weltweit likes this.
  12. weltweit

I don't tend to listen to the omnibus. I find I can usually find 14 minutes during the week to listen (either live or later) but not an hour on a Sunday.

13. davesgcr

davesgcr Reading books

On the verge of giving up on "listening in" .....

14. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

Toby is such a cretin, so used to winging it and falling on his feet.

I don't get what Matt is up to at all. But I thought Lillians attitude to the divorce was interesting... Oh to have so much money floating around!

A380 likes this.
  15. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

Presumably the Independent Republic of Borchester isn't having an election :rolleyes:

16. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

I thought it got a one sentence mention yesterday

17. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

You surely wouldn't leap into a 'million £' deal on the eve of a general election :confused:

bluescreen likes this.
  18. bluescreen

bluescreen Je est un autre

I listened with half an ear to the latest wheeler-dealing over the development land and can only conclude the script is written by children. Or at least someone who assumes that everyone else is.

Guineveretoo, mojo pixy and a_chap like this.
  19. Gruto

Gruto New Member

I have two nonagenarian grandmothers who are quite Proper ... Jill makes them sound easygoing and chilled out compared to her 'aarrgghh the Fairbrothers' angst, I'm not surprised Pip cba with her stupidity.

20. davesgcr

davesgcr Reading books

Delighted that the "Mustardland" forum , for true Archers obsessives has been taken down , one particular woman on there so dominated it , it was even more painful than looking at the Daily Mail on line. "Ambridge Observer" is excellent and witty though.

Always hold out for the omnibus on a Sunday. Often disapointed.

21. belboid

i hope they go for this idea of a Russian Revolution re=enactment for this years fete

22. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

Such prescience!

23. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

I don't understand the Tom/Justin thing. I was at Glastonbury and I don't think I've caught up in the right order...

Justin said he'd give £1m for a field, Tom said yah boo I can do better, something happens - did justin speak to the other people?? ... Justin drops his offer to £850k ... but then Justin goes on about wanting to be family and teaching Tom a lesson.

umm...

a_chap likes this.
  24. weltweit

That sounds about right. Except that iirc it was Matt who told him he could get a better deal.

25. mango5

mango5 Endeavour era

Can't wait for all these hand wringing do-gooders to come a cropper.

26. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

Caroline :(
    Was expecting it though as the actress died earlier this year.

a_chap likes this.
  27. belboid

I'd forgotten. Tuned in a bit late and was trying to work out who it was, and then remembered :(

a_chap and Shirl like this.
  28. sparkling

sparkling Townie learning to be country

The actress hoped her character would continue but it's probably right to kill her off.
    Oliver seems to have gone a bit mad though

29. A380

A380 How do I change this 'custom title' thing then?

I thought that was a rationale response to the cartoon bad behaviour of Eddie and Joe; but it's been obvious it was coming since they started cooking up the whole Air B&B story line for it.

30. davesgcr

davesgcr Reading books

Will the (whining) Grundy family get (deservedly in my opinion) , kicked out of Grange Farm ? .......

A380, mango5 and Guineveretoo like this.