The American mass shooting thread

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by Pickman's model, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

2. editor

editor hiraethified

If only there was an armed granny in the house etc etc.

Americans are going to be stuck with these horrific slaughters for a very long time with the cunt Trump in charge and the vile NRA wielding so much influence.

likesfish likes this.
  3. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

4. 8ball

8ball Hetero Sapiens

This is one of the most depressing things I've read in a while. :(

5. Poi E

Poi E Well-Known Member

6. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

That's not really more guns, is it, it's more having one or two guns in a different place

Poi E likes this.
  7. Gimigimi

Gimigimi leaky cyborg

Reading these articles is like listening to an oldies station. They should honestly just fire "John S. Hollywood" :facepalm: and replace him with an AI. Just all the classics. More paranoia, more surveillance, advice on how to prepare for the rambo-style heroic rescue you will inevitably be called upon to carry out. And of course the idiotic and forced "political neutrality":

"one way or another". "leaders". You know, it happens on both sides. No need to get too specific here; in fact, it's just that sort of partisan finger-pointing that's the real cause of these shootings.

Patriotism??? Good call, RAND corporation. Why take any actual legislative steps, when we can make a speech saying that there's "good people on both sides of the political aisle"? Shit, you've saved America. Never heard a politician say that before in my life. What a breath of fresh air. Hundreds of lives have been saved. Future mass shooters are watching Joe Biden tell us about all the human patriots he has worked with during his career, tears streaming down their cheeks, smashing their AR-15s with sledgehammers as they realize the error of their ways.

Perfect concluding sentence. Mass shootings are naturalized, presented as something that "just happens", and for which we need to "improve our defences", i.e. purchase shitloads of "security solutions" from various companies and make sure not to say anything too rude while doing politics. Well shit, no problem on that front, I can always buy some more guns to improve my defenses.

There's just this weird nagging feeling I have, as I check my security cameras, polish my katana, look through the armored peephole on my front door and listen to patriotic platitudes softly burbling from my TV. Kind of an isolated, nervous feeling. Oh well, that's normal and there's nothing anyone can do about it except to stay prepared for a mass shooting at all times. I mean, look at how prepared this guy is. He seems pretty chill.

8. gosub

gosub ~#

Cultural differences.

There was no way this you tube was ever going to be made by someone with an American accent

Nylock, pinkychukkles and likesfish like this.
  9. dylanredefined

dylanredefined Not a house elf a tiger

Bullshit look at the garlic festival shooting police were firing back within a minute still 4 dead and over a dozen wounded. Probably not going to get a faster response time outside of a war zone. Expecting people to do heroic things like attacking someone who has a gun is a dumb plan.

agricola, spring-peeper and likesfish like this.
  10. TheHoodedClaw

TheHoodedClaw acknowledging ur soup leg

Don't watch this if you're feeling fragile, but fucking hell that such a thing needs to be made

editor and a_chap like this.
  11. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

12. magneze

magneze mnemonic beef

:bigeyes::(

Badgers likes this.
  13. spring-peeper

spring-peeper Well-Known Member

Colt will stop making AR-15 rifles for the consumer market - CNN

14. Detroit City

Detroit City Not a well known member

Even if Colt stops making AR15s today there will still be 11 million of them in circulation. More than enough for any mass shooters of the future. :)

15. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

16. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Unfortunately, Colt's patent on the AR-15 expired in 1977 and there's more than 20 other companies making "AR-15 style" rifles, so this just means that would-be mass shooters have a slightly narrowed range of brands to choose from.

Badgers likes this.
  17. likesfish

likesfish an angry pretend soldier shooting at seagulls

After a presidential hopeful made a speach saying yes we are coming for your ar15s

A texas gunshop sold out of custom bento ar15s :facepalm:.

Guns in America are basically a relegion

Badgers likes this.
  18. Detroit City

guns play a huge role in shaping the US

19. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Swords and spears made England but I don't insist on wearing them in Aldi.

20. MrSki

MrSki Who am I to say you're wrong

Mainly muskets & single load rifles though.

Celyn and likesfish like this.
  21. likesfish

Longbow used to be the yeomans weapon of choice but nobody's forced to practice archery anymore (except the bastards at blind veterans).

22. Detroit City

:D

Poi E and Badgers like this.
  23. Poi E

Poi E Well-Known Member

But some probably do, cos, you know, this is England.:)

likesfish and Badgers like this.
  24. likesfish

Tbf apart from Mr Pendragon I dont think anybody else who wanders about with a sword and frankly somebody dressed up in appropiate clothing to carry a sword isnt really theating even the

25. editor

editor hiraethified

9 shot and 4 dead in Kansas now...

26. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

this bit in the CNN report is absolutely mad:

27. SpineyNorman

SpineyNorman it was already like that when I got here

Same here, usually leave my longbow at home too.

likesfish, Badgers and spring-peeper like this.
  28. dylanredefined

dylanredefined Not a house elf a tiger

Swiss have a cultural attachment to crossbows. Dont even practisce shooting apples off their sons head let alone entire schools.

likesfish likes this.
  29. editor

editor hiraethified

30. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!