The American mass shooting thread

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by Pickman's model, Feb 14, 2018.

1. porp

porp Well-Known Member

Is it possible that Americans collectively see mass shootings as a regrettable price to pay for something they truly value i.e. the right to bear arms?

So its considered in the same way as deaths from car accidents. A pity, but a price worth paying for the benefit of driving

The victims often seem to be white and middle class or their children. So if that does not prompt change from politicians, nothing possibly can.

2. Dogsauce

Dogsauce Lord of the Dance Settee

Have wingnuts on Twitter started claiming he was ‘antifa’ yet? It’s something of a tradition.

3. yield

yield zero

Gun deaths increasing after years of decline, study finds
    08/11/18

4. Poi E

Poi E Pessimism: a valuable protection against quackery.

Good thing he didn't shoot anyone with it.:thumbs:

Ax^, xenon, gentlegreen and 2 others like this.
  5. gentlegreen

gentlegreen sproutarian

Such a genteel village - makes this dangerous activity that more edgy ...

6. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

A other mass shooter with a history of violence against women. Her colleagues persuaded her not to report him after the assault, so not to ruin his career in the US Marine Corps. :mad:

Thousand Oaks Gunman’s High School Coach Speaks About Sexual Assault

7. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

I think they got so far down the road of claiming he was of middle-eastern appearance that people noticed, and they've spent much of the time since blaming the media.

8. petee

petee i'm spartacus

[​IMG]

Badgers likes this.