The Alt-Right

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by Jeff Robinson, Dec 6, 2016.

1. pengaleng

pengaleng Lil' J Pengele PhD. The Angel of Sesh

nah you just interpreted it that way

2. ElizabethofYork

ElizabethofYork Witchsmeller Pursuivant

:hmm:

3. pengaleng

no only referred to me by initials of a name I no longer go by because i am gendelusional ffs, thats violence, ask anyone.

fuck off.

and YES it is that bad. if you are happy to leave what you said so that everyone else can see then 'I cant change that.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  4. NoXion

NoXion Eat leaden death, demon...

OK, so why "fuck Antifa"?

Don't you think that fascism should be confronted on the streets?

5. pengaleng

the streets no, a fighting ring yes.

6. camouflage

camouflage perspective is the essence of wisdom.

Actually I take it back, the Kapo's knew they were Jewish and that they were helping to kill other Jewish people in exchange for a few perks from an anti-semetic ruling order. Class consciousness in the United States doesn't exist to anywhere close enough for a white working class person to consider themselves in common cause with a black working class person on any level or vise-versa- according to what CRI says anyway. There's nothing "class" for Trump voters to feel they are "betraying" iykwim, for them there is no class, only race, work ethics and the American dream or something.

Yuwipi Woman and CRI like this.
  7. NoXion

NoXion Eat leaden death, demon...

The point is not to have a scrap for the sake of it, the point is to drive out fascists. They don't just post literature and argue their case before those nasty leftists start battering them for no reason, they attempt to move into neighbourhoods and intimidate anyone who doesn't fit in or tolerate their shit.

8. Ranbay

Ranbay The same rules apply

How would you fuck them?

asking for a mate.

bemused likes this.
  9. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

ok i will remove that, apologies

Pickman's model and pengaleng like this.
  10. pengaleng

I probably wouldnt tbh they all got well mank hair from what I seen on youtube, I aint managed to see em live yet, hobby commitments and all that.

11. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

you'll have to edit your quoted post too

12. Ranbay

Ranbay The same rules apply

keep fucking websites then :thumbs:

13. 8den

8den No I'm pretty sure that was 8ball...

You do understand that the reason they are being violently protested against is that Nazism is a political philosophy that believes in violent oppression of opposition groups. They don't play by the Queensbury rules.

krtek a houby, CRI, mojo pixy and 2 others like this.
  14. 8den

8den No I'm pretty sure that was 8ball...

I honestly don't see what's confusing, 3 years after the battle of Cable St, Britain was at war with fascism. Genuinely surprised that in Sept 1939, there wasn't a "we fucking told you so" march around the London east end.

15. seventh bullet

seventh bullet red mullet

Violence is a principle for them. Better to break them up when they are out of power than face a government of them with wider popular support or acquiescence in the imprisonment, torture and murder of you and tens or even hundreds of thousands of others.

CNT36, Rimbaud, purves grundy and 6 others like this.
  16. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

I post that in the name of public safety. Sometimes I just gotta share. Otherwise, I'd take that golf club I keep next to the front door to repel boarders, and run through the streets smiting random people.

17. CRI

CRI Registered Chooser

Yes, this. Segregation only ended during my lifetime. Busing kids to integrate schools (and resistance to it) was happening while I was in school. The legacy of policies that kept white and non-white working class people in separate spheres (e.g. in housing policy, access to education, employment, trade union colour bars, access to health cover and unemployment insurance, etc.) still has an impact. Republicans emphasise these divisions to keep white, working class people on side. It's the, "you may be poor, but you can better yourself if you try hard, and at least you're a cut above those black and brown people."

I think Trump supporters genuinely believe the president and GOP are on their side and looking after their interests. They don't identify with non-white working class people, and in fact often measure their socio-ecomomic status in relation to them.

Trump supporters, genuinely think the party and president are on their side and looking after their interests. They genuinely don't identify with non-white working class people, and would be horrified at the idea of showing solidarity with people they see as a threat (i.e. myths about violence, criminality, immorality, hypersexuality, etc., and trying to take "our" jobs,) and to be fair, as inherently inferior.

They'll point at liberal (in the American sense) white people as the ones doing the betraying when they advocate for civil rights and racial equality.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    likesfish likes this.
  18. SpineyNorman

SpineyNorman it was already like that when I got here

Trump supporters are all exactly the same in every way.

19. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

Which is why class as an economic relationship (not an identity) is so important

gawkrodger and mather like this.
  20. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

21. Yuwipi Woman

If you talk to Americans and ask them what class they belong to, nearly every one will say "middle class." They might be working at two McJobs and living in substandard housing, or they might be farmer with several sections of land (@ $25K an acre). Or, a bank manager who makes six figures or better. Each and every one will say they're "middle class." You and I both know that isn't true, but that is the lived experience out there. No one on the lower rungs wants to admit they aren't middle class, because that would imply that they're lazy or something. No one on the higher rungs want to admit they aren't middle class, because that would be admitting that maybe the playing field isn't level.

22. danny la rouge

danny la rouge Warning: posts may cause vasovagal presyncope

Indeed. And there's a widespread myth that there's no class system in America. And you'll hear that from the very same people who will complain about the type of people who have holiday homes in Martha's Vineyard. And despite the widespread knowledge of terms like "trailer trash" and so on.

It's like a collective amnesia.

seventh bullet, mather and NoXion like this.
  23. Yuwipi Woman

Or the more telling term "white trash."

danny la rouge likes this.
  24. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

25. Lurdan

Lurdan old wave

Anglin and the Stormer have been trolling this hard as have others like David Duke. But oddly enough it seems that the source of the meme Yair Netanyahu posted is a Facebook page, 'Tight Memes Against Kakihomoshit Leftists' run by an Israeli alt-right group.

Now Israel has its own version of the ‘alt-right’ - JTA

(...)

26. Rutita1

Rutita1 Scum with no integrity, apparently.

The alt-right: Reactionary rehabilitation for white masculinity

Rimbaud likes this.
  27. Lurdan

Lurdan old wave

Cheers for that. Very interesting.

I did find myself wondering about odd parallels with socially conservative 'red tories' - 'nostalgia' for a fantasy of post-war social democracy, 'class' as a performance of masculinity, "It's Identity Politics Gone Mad!!" etc. etc. But no doubt I'm once again failing to understand.

28. purves grundy

purves grundy ambient clown remix

29. Rutita1

Rutita1 Scum with no integrity, apparently.

30. petee

petee i'm spartacus