The 20 Best Folk Albums of 2018 - Paste Magazine

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by editor, Dec 15, 2018.

1. editor

editor Forked with electrons

Interesting selection - and good to see the Innocence Mission finally getting some recognition!

Here's the top 3, none of which I've heard of, but I'm to Spotify now!

The 20 Best Folk Albums of 2018

2. editor

So Courtney Andrews is more American country than anything else and although clearly very competent not really my thing. Haley Heynderickx sounds more interesting so far.

3. May Kasahara

May Kasahara pleasantly caving in

Huge thanks for posting this editor - so much amazing music I'd never heard of :)

neonwilderness and editor like this.
  4. May Kasahara

Love Mountain Man, Innocence Mission, Caroline Says, and am blown away by Tomberlin.

editor likes this.
  5. May Kasahara

Adrianne Lenker is amazing :thumbs:

editor likes this.
  6. neonwilderness

neonwilderness What would Badgers do?

I've been looking for some new stuff to listen to, so I'll give these a listen :thumbs:

editor likes this.
  7. editor

I heartily recommend having a rummage through the Innocence Mission's back catalogue too. Birds Of My Neighbourhood is particularly wonderful, albeit a bit bleak.

May Kasahara likes this.
  8. sankara

sankara Well-Known Member

I'm surprised the Stick in the Wheel album wasn't on this list. It definitely had some crackers on it. Less well known though was Rooftop Sessions by Dreamers' Circus which is one of my favourites from last year.