1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That other thread, which I refuse to particpate in....

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Matt The Cab, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Shakes head at the irony where we question his preoccupation with Dulwich Hamlet while posting on a thread over 45 pages long, with his bloody name in the title.

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I hope you haven't just started another 45 page thread!

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Given that they're the favourites to win our league and his big money antics have been generating major publicity in both football media and the mainstream press channels, I'd say that it would be extremely odd if we weren't talking about him and his club - even more so when he makes a point of trying to drag us into his circus.

But nice of you to start an entire thread just to make a pretty pointless comment.

4. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Dear oh dear...here we go again! Surely one person's pointless comment is another one's valid opinion...Oh, unless you're editor and don't agree! ;)

5. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Maybe, but it's not worth an entire fucking thread of its own.

In fact, it very much looks like a 'call out' thread - where a thread it started just to make a personal attack against another poster - which is against the board rules. If anyone wants to discuss Billericay, or how Hamlet fans respond to their antics, we already have a thread for that.

6. Dulwich Mishi

YES SIR!

Jamie Wyatt and tonysingh like this.
  7. Matt The Cab

No, it's not a "call out thread" (whatever that is?), or a dig at any particular person. It's me laughing at a comment made about somebodies supposedly unhealthy obsession with Dulwich Hamlet on a thread 45 pages long. Now if you can’t see that as ironic then I can’t help you.

Personally I didn’t want to add to those pages with another post. I may have agreed with some previous points & liked them but at least I haven’t added to the lunacy. Hence the reason for this thread.

Nothing malicious or underhand....

Jamie Wyatt and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  8. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

Can I just say how lovely the "ignore thread" function is?

editor and Pink Panther like this.
  9. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

I did not know about this!

Thank you!!

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Then why quote me - and only me - in your opening post to make the big point that you were somehow unable to make in the relevant thread?

Seems a bit 'ironic' to profess to have no interest in posting on a subject but then starting a new thread just to do that.

:rolleyes::facepalm:

pompeydunc likes this.
  11. Dulwich Mishi

Just another comment to give you another hit on your hits counter...so all's well that ends ends well...:rolleyes::facepalm:

12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Care to explain what the hell it is your going on about? Why should I care about a 'hits counter'? This site makes no money, regardless of how many hits it receives.

13. Dulwich Mishi

Simply how some other people perceive your interest in keeping threads going, not my own view, just what I hear other people say. I would have a clue if it's true or not...nor do I really care either way...

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

You're talking bollocks. Quite offensive bollocks at that. First you make an idiotic claim that I'm bothered about a 'hit counter' and when challenged on that, you switch tactics and declare it's only what you've heard from all these conveniently anonymous sources (surely these people have better things to talk about anyway?).

Why the fuck would I want to 'keep threads going' anyway? They go on for as long as they're interesting and people are responding, although they can be prolonged when someone goes out of their way to post up a needless, tittle-tattle personal attack. And if you 'don't care' about the topic, why bother posting?

After all, if you're posting on things you profess to not care about, then you're the one guilty of keeping threads going for no reason!

:facepalm:

15. Dulwich Mishi

I have no idea, it's what other people say....
    And if that's what you call 'offensive'...just as well I'm rarely offensive on here then...before the fact you say I'm talking bollocks I find quite offensive too.

16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Yes, sure they do, Mishi. I bet it's the talk of the town.

17. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Can we sell tickets to view this thread? Could be an excellent fundraiser.

Christian Burt and editor like this.
  18. Matt The Cab

Is it bad form to ignore my own thread?

19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Given the huge apparent interest in my Thread Discussion Retention (TDR) abilities, I'm sure it'll be the hottest ticket in town.

I'll also be hosting my eagerly anticipated TDR seminar, where I'll be revealing my advanced techniques for keeping threads going on for as long as possible, accompanied by the ringing bell of a large, physical 'hit counter,' which will be spinning in a most gratifying manner all evening.

Tickets are per £50 head and I'l be donating all profits to Hamlet (minus my lavish expenses).

20. Dulwich Mishi

I thought you said you didn't make any money out of this....liar, liar, pants on fire! ;)

21. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

NO! I'M GOING TO MAKE THE LAST COMMENT IN THIS DISCUSSION

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus