1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks for all the cash - West Ham 2016/17

Discussion in 'football' started by tommers, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Libertad

Libertad Sweetie

2. chieftain

chieftain Mega Gammon

Jesus wept. You can't even blame the ref/stadium/fans/weather/BBC coverage for that performance Vs Citeh.

CosmikRoger and tommers like this.
  3. Thaw

Thaw Aye like, so it is.

A bit of an embarrassment. Our heaviest home defeat in the FA Cup EVER.

tommers likes this.
  4. tommers

tommers Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent

Is it? The season gets better and better. We did OK for 30 mins. The rest not so much.

Bleugh.

5. Libertad

Libertad Sweetie

The big man off to be replaced by the bloke who sends in the crosses to the big man. You've lost it Slaven.

tommers likes this.
  6. Sea Lion

Sea Lion If you can't dance just nod your head

The west ham demise tax. Worth every penny and a bit more.:thumbs:

tommers likes this.
  7. tommers

Have fun in Kent.

bromley and Libertad like this.
  8. Sea Lion

Won't happen. Maybe a ground share with you when you get relegated and lose 20k of premier football fans.

9. tommers

Not sure it'll take relegation to be honest.

bromley likes this.
  10. tommers

11. tommers

Bilic has just said that Payet doesn't want to play for us any more.

"I feel let down. I feel angry".

What the actual fuck is going on? Why would you say that in a press conference?

SB: "We aren’t going to sell him, not whatsoever. It’s not a money issue or anything. We want to keep our best players."
    SB: "I expect from him to come back and to show commitment and determination to the team like the team has shown to him"

12. Thaw

Thaw Aye like, so it is.

Crap. The 2nd half of the season has the potential to be a freefall to Relegation now, a la Blackpool.

Are they going to let him rot, training by himself, now?

13. tommers

Apparently so.

To be honest good on them. If this is true then he's been a petty little twat.

14. ChrisFilter

ChrisFilter Like a boss.

Yeah, fuck him, TBF.

15. Ponyutd

Ponyutd Greebo likes this....r.i.p.

Do a Winston Bogarde on him, although I don't think the club could afford it. Fuckin wretch.

Libertad likes this.
  16. Thaw

Thaw Aye like, so it is.

How the fuck can Marseille offer 20million for Payet (Ballon D'Or nominee) when we're asked 15million for Scott Hogan (top scorer for Brentford in Division 2) ???

tommers likes this.
  17. tommers

Crazy innit?

The rumour is that is why he's got the arse. Marseilles offered that, we turned it down, and he wants to go home.

Fine, but I think we'll want more than that. That's two Dwight Gayles.

Libertad likes this.
  18. Sea Lion

Football is pretty fucked up at the moment. How long is his contract for ?

19. tommers

He signed for 6 years I think when he originally came here. And then he signed an improved deal last January.

Means nothing.

20. Sea Lion

He should have to buy himself out of the contract and west ham still get a fee for him. It's no wonder proper fans are disillusioned with the game.

21. Sea Lion

Wasn't he flying in from Holland every day for training (at chelseas expense) ? Said he didn't want to leave and would stay and fight for his place.:D

imposs1904 likes this.
  22. tommers

It's all nonsense and it has been for ages.

He's getting 125k a week. If he wants to move to France then fine, no problems, off you go. But don't refuse to play. Say you'll do your best till the summer and sort it out then.

Hopefully this will be the start of the turnaround. Team and crowd get together behind Slaven and we put this shit last 6 months behind us.

I don't know how much longer this can last, how much longer people will pay these prices to watch people who earn five times their salary in a week. But then I've thought that for a long time and it seems to carry on and get worse.

23. Sea Lion

Yep
    His agent won' be telling him that and that's part of the problem with football, fucking leaches everywhere.
    I think the money from tv is so big that the clubs couldn't give a flying fuck about the paying loyal supporters. I thought the same as you but there seems to be enough mug punters out there to keep it going.

tommers likes this.
  24. tommers

The only thing that makes me think it's all about to burst is that loads of people watch streams now and don't pay Sky or BT.

But you're right, the match day income is dwarfed by that now.

25. Libertad

Libertad Sweetie

Luckily our town team plays in claret and blue so at least I wont have to buy a new scarf.

26. tommers

Every cloud and all that.

Libertad likes this.
  27. Sea Lion

Agreed. Was reading somewhere that the younger/newer generation of football fans seem happy just to see the goals/edited highlights via there phone or laptop. No interest in going and watching a whole match and probably couldn't afford to anyway. I don't know will happen when us older bods turn it in.

28. tommers

Actually quite emotional. I think it's safe to say that Slav hasn't lost the dressing room.

Two great goals from Lanzini and Andy. Three assists for Iron Mike. Club, team and supporters all pulling together for probably the first time this season.

Beautiful.

Thaw and Libertad like this.
  29. Libertad

Libertad Sweetie

Dimitri who?

30. tommers

Forgotten about him already. I always preferred Antonio anyway. :)

Sea Lion and Libertad like this.