Terrorist attack NZ, 50 dead, many injured

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by krtek a houby, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Don Troooomp likes this.
  2. Jon-of-arc

Jon-of-arc Ransom'd, Stoopid & Roofless

Fucking hell. One of them live streamed it to Facebook. That video is gonna be out there forever.

Nigel likes this.
  3. treefrog

treefrog Tauiwi

All my friends down there are OK. Lots of mixed reports. I feel sick.

kazza007 likes this.
  4. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Pogo Suppression System Installed....

5. The manifesto for this madness is on Twitter. I won't post it here, to give the cunt a propaganda coup but it's predictable white rebirth, anti-diversity shite with Sadiq Khan getting a mention, for some reason.

6. treefrog

treefrog Tauiwi

One of our news agencies posted footage the shooter uploaded to Facebook. Cunts.

Wookey likes this.
  7. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow Seagull + Chips = Happy Seagull

8. Gunman Australian, apparently.

9. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

:mad:

Fucking shitcunts

10. And already, the twitter trolls are out in force, blaming the "leftists" etc :(:(

Jesus fuck, what is it about something like this that brings out the worst in some people. Using it to point-score etc?

11. Dogsauce

Dogsauce Lord of the Dance Settee

Shows how internationalised this is, people radicalised by the same shit, cunts over here never shut up about Sadiq Khan (like the anti-trump balloon lot) and someone the other side of the globe laps it up. Racist filth has a long reach nowadays. Don’t know how this stuff gets reeled in.

It’s not that big a city (or that big a population in NZ overall) so this event will be overwhelming to people there. Horrible shit.

Nigel, Jay Park, yield and 8 others like this.
  12. Yeah, the same cunts are over here (in Japan) and Sadiq Khan frequently cropped up whenever there was an attack on London. It was always gleeful commentary on how the UK was being taken over and never a damn thing said about the victims. Currenlyt there's a lot of calls on Twitter not to share this attacker's video footage, which is the right approach (I feel) he doesn't get his big moment in the spotlight (for the time being).

13. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

Just woke up to this, finding difficult to come up with words to describe it that don't end up with some sort of wish for the person responsible being executed.

If they've caught him alive (and it seems that way from the reports) then I hope the reality of this man (these people's) pathetic existence is revealed to the world, as it was with Osborne, Mahmood and Breivik.

Hope the families of those who have lost their lives in this atrocity, and the larger number of people for whom this will be the thing they think about every day for the rest of their lives, can find some kind of peace.

Nigel, Plumdaff, A380 and 2 others like this.
  14. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Sickening news to wake up to - what the fuck is wrong with these people? Reports are saying up to 30 dead, which would make this the worst peacetime massacre in NZ history.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    chip likes this.
  15. cupid_stunt

cupid_stunt Dyslexic King Cnut ... the Great.

Shocking news. :(

My thoughts are with the victims, the family & friends, and the rest of NZ.

16. Poi E

Poi E Pessimism: a valuable protection against quackery.

Fuckers. :mad:

17. treefrog

treefrog Tauiwi

Them. They arrested four people. It's a terrorist cell.

Christchurch has had a long history of white nationalism, security expert on RNZ said this was the fault of successive governments who were too busy looking at Muslims to see who else was being radicalized.

Feeling very angry and helpless. I know people who are reporting that their friends are dead. We should have seen this coming.

Riklet, Thimble Queen, Mab and 15 others like this.
  18. Poi E

Poi E Pessimism: a valuable protection against quackery.

Although I note the attacker was Australian, Christchurch has always had a history of fascist skins.

NZ is filled with red neck rascists. Buried well beneath the clean green bullshit.

19. Idris2002

Idris2002 Well, there goes the frying pan theory.

Just seen a claim death toll is now 30.

20. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

21. Ponyutd

Ponyutd Greebo likes this....r.i.p.

Over 40 now. This is so crazy.

22. From the graun - prime minister Jacinda Ardern has confirmed 40 people have died in today’s shooting, with 20 injured. :(

23. Callie

Callie Pivoting

24. Idris2002

Idris2002 Well, there goes the frying pan theory.

& NZ PM Jacinda Ardern has announced that it's 40 dead

25. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Fucking awful. How do people even have the hate and anger to do something like this?

spanglechick likes this.
  26. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie Well-Known Member

BBC breakfast asking an eye witness, do you know what kind of weapons were used?

Jesus wept.

27. Lupa

Lupa Well-Known Member

This is dreadful
    :(

28. kebabking

kebabking Unfettered ambition

IED's found in two cars nearby, 3 in custody. 40 dead.

29. treefrog

treefrog Tauiwi

Reports of explosions in Central Auckland. Jesus.

30. MrSki

MrSki Who am I to say you're wrong

:( Fucking hell.