Tell me about the borough of Sutton

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by IMR, Feb 16, 2011.

1. QOTH

QOTH Well-Known Member

I saw him fairly recently and he'd not got a cat but had got a massive dog.

Turning on the Christmas lights would have been brilliant! They could have worked out some way for him to use his magic instead of pulling a lever.

2. brogdale

brogdale Coming to terms with late onset Anarchism

3. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

My mate did 2.5 years there in the hilariously named High Down prison for importation of cocaine. Therefore its a shit hole. For further lulz he was transferred to High Point prison in Suffolk to finish his sentence. They sure know how to name those prisons for drug smugglers.

4. brogdale

Well...not wishing to downplay your personal, emotional response to Sutton...it isn't necessarily your mates incarceration there that makes it a shithole.
    However, that does remind me of the days when TfL still identified the Belmont bus route as the Prisons Bus!

upload_2017-3-31_21-6-11.png

Chz likes this.
  5. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

6. brogdale

This.

7. QOTH

QOTH Well-Known Member

I got a new job that no longer requires visits to Sutton - just in time to miss out on an exciting FA cup run and the opening of Poundland.

8. brogdale

Well, obviously (along with all other 'PoundWorld's) this one on Sutton High Street did not last long...and we have another gaping hole in the retail landscape.
    Though rather more disturbing is the fact that the 'spoons "The Grapes" (or latterly The Gaps) has closed. You know things are amiss when the 'spoons give up the ghost.

upload_2018-8-31_19-10-13.png