Team Boris: Lifestyles of the Rich and Infamous

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Jeff Robinson, May 10, 2008.

1. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

You seriously think that only two weeks in will cause a dramatic turn around?

If you really think that knife crime is solely the Mayors fault then you should blame Ken for 8 years of allowing it to get to this.

2. Jeff Robinson

Jeff Robinson Well-Known Member

3. Kid_Eternity

4. Jeff Robinson

He has chairmanship of Jarvis, an engineering group responsible for rail maintenance. They accepted liability, along with Network Rail, for the Potters Bar crash, it's all in the link.

If Johnson goes ahead with this appointment it'll be an absolute disgrace.

5. Kid_Eternity

Yeah realised that after posting...and yep it will be. Surprised Team Boris are allowing this given their acute pr antennae. Wonder if anything will be made of this media wise?

6. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

tbh, as much as they're all a bunch of cunts, at least he does have some previous experience of transport.

altho you'd have thought that his track record may have precluded him from such a role......

sorry, i'll get my coat.....

7. citydreams

citydreams on the road again

Steve is now a director of a number of quoted and private companies including non-executive chairman of Jarvis plc, director of ITIS Holdings plc and Survey Inspection Systems Ltd. He advises a number of blue chip clients on public affairs issues with special emphasis on transport and the built environment. He was Chairman of the National Cycling Strategy Board from 2001-2004 and is President of the Motor Cycle Industry Association.
    http://www.theedge-uk.com/steve_norris.htm

http://www.qualityoflifechallenge.com/Policy_Transport.htm

8. Jeff Robinson

I recall Jeremy Hardy once quipping that the likes of Jarvis applied the phrase "paper over the cracks" quite literally to their maintenance work.

9. HackneyE9

HackneyE9 Active Member

? seriously don't think a white Old Etonian is going to crack black on black n ife crime, no.

The difference is, Boris promised he would. Ken knew it went deeper than more cops and metal detctors. Boris has made a rod for his own back.

10. fogbat

fogbat The Talibum

Blond(e), privately educated, bit thick, enjoys extra-marital sex...

I can't see how you're connecting the two... :p

11. Poi E

Poi E Well-Known Member

Jarvis? They of liability for the Potter's Bar crash? The lying fuckers who tried to blame it on vandals at first?

12. corporate whore

corporate whore oh, thought you were dead

The new Private Eye tells me Johnson has recuited three people from Westminster City Council.

Can't remember the names right now, but the guy in charge of housing policy is one of the people who, in 1989, voted to house the homeless in asbestos-ridden accomodation.

13. fogbat

fogbat The Talibum

Simon Milton - I've got the current issue in front of me :D

14. corporate whore

corporate whore oh, thought you were dead

That's the fella - all three of 'em sound dodgy as.

15. Kid_Eternity

Another day another back peddle on things Bojo said to get elected:

Boris Johnson: Routemasters may never be built

16. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

You know its almost as if he just said these things to get elected.

17. Kid_Eternity

Yeah shocking aint it?

18. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter Home is south London mate

more stupid Boris photos

[​IMG]

19. Jeff Robinson

20. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

Tbh, it sends out the wrong message: all youth are to be treated as potential criminals. The solution to this is to use a former prison governor to formulate a 'youth policy'. It's a little like getting Rosemary West to advise on family matters.

21. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

22. nino_savatte

nino_savatte No pasaran!

Laughable. Truly laughable.

23. Jeff Robinson