Team Boris: Lifestyles of the Rich and Infamous

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Jeff Robinson, May 10, 2008.

1. Jeff Robinson

Jeff Robinson Well-Known Member

Say what you like about Bob Kiley but he did actually have a successful track record in running public transport. Can the same really be said about Charles Ronald George Nall-Cain, 3rd Baron Brocket? The only experience that parasitic aristocrat had in transport landed him in jail. This might lead some cynics to conclude that only reason he's advising Team Boris is because he's one of Johnson's old chums. :hmm:

2. smokedout

smokedout criminal

3. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

Anyone hear he's 'quietly' dropped the illegal immigrants amnesty idea?

4. Urbanblues

Urbanblues Was that it, life?

Is Johnson still alive?

5. Oswaldtwistle

Oswaldtwistle Banned

6. Jografer

Jografer New Member

Agreed, anything else will be seen as sour grapes....

... although Brocket (if true..) is probably the exception that proves the rule...

7. likesfish

likesfish an angry pretend soldier shooting at seagulls

Telegraph report’s that he will be delivering a motivational speech to Team Boris within the next couple of weeks

i.e. they have got him to make an after dinner speech which he is probably rather good at.
    not that there paying him a fantastic wage to sort out the tube:rolleyes:

8. Brainaddict

Brainaddict chief propagandist (provisional)

So it begins.

9. citydreams

citydreams on the road again

Do Team Boris really need motivation?? What could he possibly have to say that is relevant to the work required by the GLA?

10. KeyboardJockey

KeyboardJockey Clowns to the Left of me

You could ask the same question as regarding relevance to the work of the GLA of Livingstone inviting the racist nutter Qaradawi to City Hall. I'd rather have someone like Brocket speaking than an antisemitic loon like Qaradawi.

I know who I think does the most damage to London and it aint an aristocratic fraudster.

11. Jeff Robinson

No one has said that Johnson is (yet) paying Frord Crocket "a fantastic wage to sort out the tube" Mr rolleyes. Johnson has admitted however that he has discussed improving the transport system with the crook, listened to his advice, and has hired him to deliver a speech to his team.

Do you really think that Brocket is being hired on the basis of his abilities rather than his personal connection to Johnson? Do you really think that an utter cretin like him should receive any public money at all?

As for "give BoJo a chance" - no way, absolutely not. I still have my pride.

12. KeyboardJockey

What about the 'utter cretins' that Livingslime supported out of our money? People like Lee Jasper comes to mind. There were better ways to improve the lot of Black Londoners that didn't involve lining Lee Jaspers pockets.
    I'm for giving him a chance. He looks to be better than Livingstone anyway - so far. We shall see what the future brings.

13. Jeff Robinson

14. ajdown

ajdown Posting in this thread

I can't understand why people are bashing Boris based purely on his political leanings when, after just a week or so, he hasn't had an opportunity to really do anything yet.

Ken might have wanted 'the best' for London, but much of that was based around pandering to minorities. I hope that Boris stops focusing on the 'little' stuff and thinks of London as a whole. Sure, some people are going to be worse off in some aspects of their life, but surely that is better than everyone being worse off by some loony idea of Ken?

15. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

:rolleyes:

16. KeyboardJockey

If you blindly supported Livingscum then the badge of Fuckwit applies to you.

Loads of people abandoned Livingstone not only becuase they ceased to agree with him but they just couldn't afford financially and socially his policies.

17. KeyboardJockey

Good post. Nicely balanced.

I think Boris may well turn out to be a mayor for all the Londoners.

18. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

19. d.a.s.h

d.a.s.h New Member

Sorry KBJ, but that just makes Johnson sound like the re-incarnation of Princess Di. :D Maybe he's going to channel her.

20. Fruitloop

Fruitloop communism will win

Why not? Everyone else did.

21. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

Borris, Prince of Hearts. And liver, and lights, and pigs feet the fat bastard

22. Oswaldtwistle

Oswaldtwistle Banned

Apart from anything else, if you give him a chance and he f*cks up, you have something substantial to fight with in 2012.

Remember the next election will either be fought during Cameron's honeymoon, or the mid term of what will surely be Labours last term (if they somehow squeak home in 2010). Either way I wouldn't take a Labour victory next time for granted....

23. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

And why doesn't this apply if you don't give him a chance?

24. Jeff Robinson

Johnson’s had plenty of chances. He was an arsehole when he a member of the Bullington Club (being an arsehole is an obligatory requirement for being part of that frat boy jerk circle), he was an arsehole when he edited the Spectator, he was an arsehole when he was a Tory MP and just because he hired an expensive Australian arsehole (who helped elect and re-elect the racist bastard arsehole John Howard) to train him to not outwardly project himself as such an arsehole it doesn’t mean he’s not still an arsehole -he is (an arsehole that is).

On becoming Mayor, he’s surrounded himself with a courtier of arseholes and I’ve yet to meet a single supporter of his that isn’t an arsehole (I dated a Boris supporter briefly – she was an arsehole – a posh, stupid, double barrel named arsehole). There is now a heavy burden of proof on Johnson to establish that he’s no longer an arsehole. Stuffing an orange in his mouth and getting the old rope out might be one way to do this.

25. Urbanblues

I didn't – was it nice?

26. Urbanblues

Really? Do you have insider information; or, just a crystal ball?

27. Oswaldtwistle

Oswaldtwistle Banned

Neither. What makes you think a Labour victory in 2012 *can* be taken for granted?

28. Urbanblues

I don't.

29. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Go Boris!

30. HackneyE9

HackneyE9 Active Member

Dead boy in Hither Green on Saturday.

Dead man in Oxford Street on Monday.

Boris' "war on knife crime" seems to be working a treat...

:rolleyes: