1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tamil Nadu, 26/12 - 15/01....

Discussion in 'travel and world' started by craigxcraig, Dec 5, 2017.

1. craigxcraig

craigxcraig Prefers 'cxc'

Travelled throughout India, though mostly in the north. This time round, we're heading south. No plans other than our first two nights being in swanky hotel in Chennai and exploring the city.

Any urbs recently been?

Pickman's model likes this.
  2. bimble

bimble uber-hippy twonk peanut

Not recently but .. Go to Madurai, if you can. Brilliant city (i thought) all built in concentric circles around the most beautiful and busy temple in the middle.

3. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

If you don't eat rava dosa at least once you've wasted your time

craigxcraig likes this.
  4. craigxcraig

Thanks bimble it looks great. By chance, any coastal tips, also hoping to spend several days doing very little...

bimble likes this.
  5. bimble

I went to Mahabalipuram (on the seaside, with really cool ancient statues as well) but found it a bit weird - there's separate tourist and local beaches. You could hang out and eat fresh fish there though.
    Ooh yeah then there's Kanyakumari, the southermost tip of India, which has an amazing temple too.
    I loved Tamil Nadu. Look out for the man in madurai who cools your tea by pouring it in a giant arc over his head from one metal jug to the other before serving. :thumbs:

craigxcraig likes this.
  6. craigxcraig

Thanks again bimble - im going to base my initial research on these tips, appreciate it :thumbs:

7. bimble