Supporters Trust News 2017/18

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by DHST, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Can someone share the tweets from Gary Lineker & Danny Baker...the more the merrier!

2. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Its crazy on twitter at the moment, would need its own website let alone its own thread :)

3. BrandNewGuy

BrandNewGuy Well-Known Member

Meadow's statement of today includes: "... The application for the trademarks was undertaken in early October as part of discussions over a memorandum of understanding and ultimate handover to the Dulwich Hamlet Supporters Trust (DHST) namely the fans of The Club."

Can anyone from DHST explain what exactly this means?

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I can: it's a pile of stinking bullshit.

BrandNewGuy likes this.
  5. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I've always enjoyed Danny Baker's use of the English language although upset that he never replied to my tweet that he looked like the bloke on the Franca Manca advert on the back of the dugout.

B.I.G and Pink Panther like this.
  6. BrandNewGuy

BrandNewGuy Well-Known Member

:) I assumed as much, given how much bullshit is in the rest of that statement.

7. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

The original MOU stated (as per the original development plans) that DHFC would be transferred into fan ownership (under the auspices of DHST) should planning approval be gained.

Meadows are claiming this was their, one would infer, benevolent reason for applying for the trademarks. Issuing the solicitors notice kind of goes against that argument though...

crocustim likes this.
  8. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

It has also been remarked that the Franco Manca bloke looks like Croydon FC Vice Chairman Andy Hillburn in his playing days! (As a rugby lock forward.)

9. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

And presumably in October, they didn't deem to mention they were doing this kind favour?

10. HELVETICVS

HELVETICVS ILLE QVI PVLSAT SVM

Well, anyone can make an Application for any Mark to be Registered.

When filing the TM3 Application for Registration, one ticks a box which Declares "a Genuine Intent to Use" the Marks which are the subject of the Application, 'in the Course of Trade' and on the part of the Applicant.

If they were acting per the MOU, then the Applicant/Registrant would have been DHST and not Greendale IP LLC.

I will add that the jurisdiction in which the LLC is incorporated is an Opaque one - its ownership is obfuscated without a Court Order. I don't like the term 'Tax Haven', because it doesn't appear on the OECD's lists for such jurisdictions, but it's commonly been called that and reasonably so.

That particular LLC was formed solely for the purpose of making the Application for Registration. It has zero assets beyond three pieces of paper, which are worthless in pursuing DHFC or any entities which have used the Disputed Marks prior to their Registration.

What should have been done, if the Applications were made in bona fides, would have been to place DHST as the Applicant/Registrant when filling out the Forms. This might conceivably have been within the spirit of the MOU, despite DHST/DHFC not having been informed of the making of the Applications.

They were not, it was not.
    The Declarant, i.e. the person who signed the TM3 Filings, is in potentially in trouble if there is no Genuine Intent of Use, as would be the current Registrant.

I think everyone is now aware, as a result of multiple IP Practitioners saying so in Trade Press & their own Blogs, of the sticky wicket they're playing on. This is just to clarify, for the layman, what it is that's gone on.

The UKIPO would have [and always will] accepted the Applications in Good Faith, whether or not the Applications have [or have not] been made in mala fides.

pompeydunc likes this.
  11. DHST

DHST Active Member

A notice of the 2018 DHST AGM has been sent out. If you are a DHST member and have not received it please check your spam filter - these emails occasionally get caught. If it's not there please make contact via our email address info@dhst.org.uk.

NOT HERE :)

This years AGM will take place on 5th of July at the EDT (upstairs). All members are welcome!

The email contains details of our call for nominations for new DHST board members as well as details of the election process.

Please note you will be able to rejoin DHST on the night of the meeting, but you must be a fully subscribed member to attend. You must also be fully subscribed if you want to be nominated for the DHST board and to take part in the ballot.

Once again please direct any enquiries to the email address above and we'll be happy to assist.

pompeydunc and WillClunas like this.
  12. Dulwich Mishi

Not for me.

pompeydunc likes this.
  13. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

I will be away on the date of the AGM so I'll say this here instead: Huge thanks to all of the Supporters Trust board for their efforts this year. It has been a season of ups and downs but what an ending for us all. I look forward to hearing more about your plans for our future and to getting more involved with some matchdays next year. Thanks again, Tim

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Cyclodunc, clog and pompeydunc like this.
  14. DHST

DHST Active Member

Going to give this a little bump!

Please note the deadline for nominations is 23:59 on Tuesday evening! Please contact us if you need any further information.

The AGM is 7pm on the 5th of July at the EDT

Attached Files:

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

pompeydunc and Scolly like this.
  16. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Nominations need to be in by midnight tonight

17. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Fifteen DHST members have been nominated to the Board, which exceeds the six available seats. In these circumstances an election is held to allow eligible DHST members to vote to decide who joins the board, the six candidates with the highest number of votes will be elected to the board.

Voting forms and statements from the candidates have now been sent out to all members.

Whatever the outcome of the election, the current Board would like to express our heartfelt thanks to all those members who put themselves forward to join the board and otherwise support the work that DHST does.

Scolly
    DHST Spokesperson

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    crocustim likes this.
  18. Lyham

Lyham Well-Known Member

Vote for the first guy

19. Dulwich Mishi

For the benefit of non-members, who are the candidates please. Thank you.

20. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

BALL, Liam
    BUTTERWORTH, Carl
    CHAPMAN, Michelle
    GRIFFIN, Paul
    HUGHES, Mel
    HUNT, Jonathan
    KENSINGTON, Joe
    KING, Dan
    KOUNDARJIAN, Arec
    MCGANN, Mark
    MITCHELL, Philip
    PANTON, Gary
    PARNELL, Isaac
    SCOTT, Tim
    SMITH, Alexandra

21. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

Any update on who was elected? Thanks.

22. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Mel Hughes
    Isaac Parnell
    Alexandra Smith
    Paul Griffin
    Mark McGann
    Michelle Chapman

So we retain our quorum of three Alex's, but now have 2 x Smiths and 2 x Chapmans

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  23. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Michelle Chapman, Scolly, not Smith!
    No relation to me btw - not that I’m aware of anyway.

24. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

Thank you :)

25. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

Very grateful to those members who voted for me. Looking forward to helping out.

clog, NPDHFC and Scolly like this.
  26. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

why are you editing my posts to make me look foolist???

27. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

"Foolist"?