Supporters' Trust Coach - Eastbourne New Years Day

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Scolly, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

The Supporters' Trust next away day coach is planned for Eastbourne Borough away on New Years day. Cost is to be confirmed but it is likely to be around £18 return for adults.

If you are considering traveling to the game by coach please email info@dhst.org.uk or alternatively you can pass on your intention at the Mega-container today.

Please note that confirmation that it will be running is subject to interest.

Matt The Cab likes this.
  2. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I would like to book a seat please.

On the subject of coaches, was extrmely disappointed that there's not one to Gloucester City at Evesham United, on Saturday 22nd December. I believe this was laways on the list of planned coaches, and had not checked any advance train prices, as had always planned to go on the Supporters' Trust bus. I may have missed the announcement that this was CANCELLED, can you please let meknow when this was announced as a cancelation, and also are there any others on the original list that you will now not be running.

3. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

It was on the pre-season planned list, no coaches had been confirmed as running at that point.

Train pricing / travel times ae reasonable, given this was the case with previously coaches that saw low numbers traveling, together with it being the last weekend before Christmas, it was decided not to proceed to run one to Gloucester.

Matt The Cab likes this.
  4. Dulwich Mishi

You mean Evesham! :)

So to answer my question(s)...it was never announced as cancelled, because it was never running! What coaches do you have planned for the rest of the season, for fans who want to plan ahead?

Anyone know the best way to get to Evesham?

5. Dulwich Mishi

Perhaps, rather than giving up on coaches, you should be adressing why people aren't travelling on them...

6. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Direct trains from Paddington. It looks like most of the cheapest advance fares have already sold out, although personally I wouldn't buy in advance at that time of year due to risk of postponement. It's within the Network Card zone for one third discount on walk up day returns. Journey time is about 2 hours each way, the ground looks around a mile and a half from the station on a main road out of town.

Dulwich Mishi and Cyclodunc like this.
  7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I doubt if I'll be in bed from the NYE celebrations until kick off time so it's a no from me. If only it had been a home game I could have continued the party on to the terraces and you could have all laughed at my 'enhanced' state.

Nivag and Matt The Cab like this.
  8. Pink Panther

First train off London Bridge on New Year's Day is 0507, change at Brighton for Eastbourne, if that helps!

Dulwich Mishi and Cyclodunc like this.
  9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I think I'll be DJing till then!

10. Pink Panther

I'm sure there will be subsequent services that will get you to Eastbourne in time for kick off!

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I think you underestimate how much post-gig partying I will be undertaking!

Pink Panther and gnar182 like this.
  12. Pink Panther

I vaguely recall a journey home from Bognor Regis a few years ago when you explained your reckless use of funds received for working on an episode of Tellytubbies.

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm sure Tinky Winky would have approved.

the 12th man and Pink Panther like this.
  14. Dulwich Mishi

Do you have a list of coaches you are planning to run for the remainder of the season?

15. Dulwich Mishi

Any news on this please...I'd like to know in advance, so I don't miss out on booking cheap train tickets in advance...

16. Dulwich Mishi

‘Sorry’ to have to ask this a THIRD time....or is it not possible to answer members questions on here anymore...?

17. DHST

DHST Active Member

Genuinely sorry Mishi,

We have a Trust Board meeting tomorrow (Monday) and will review coach arrangements for the remainder of the season then.

At the moment we have a total of 3 takers for the Eastbourne coach so if people are keen to travel by coach to Eastbourne on New Years Day it would be helpful to let us know. The coach will not be confirmed if there is insufficient demand.

Duncan Chapman
    DHST Co-Chair

Dulwich Mishi and pettyboy like this.