1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supporters' Player of the Year

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by liamdhfc, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Scrooge

Scrooge Well-Known Member

Kargbo

2. Dan King

Dan King New Member

Nathan Green

3. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

4. Aly Murty

Aly Murty Member

Nathan Green

5. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

A long time since there's been so many players who could deserved win Player of the Year, Ashley Carew for pulling rabbits out of the hat just when they were needed, Gavin Tomlin for his goals, Ibrahim Kargbo for his controlling influence in midfield, coming back from injury to steady the ship just when it was needed. However for me it has to be Nathan Green, free to maraud down the flanks when Gavin and his team switched to three at the back and just creating goals but scoring some crackers too.

Shame we can't have a Young PoTY as well as have been very impressed by both Mohomed Mohomed and Panutche Camara.

AveryDave and AndyF like this.
  6. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

Nathan Green.

Along with Kargbo, the two players that stand out pretty much every time they play, and the most difficult to replace. And Green has played about 30% more games than Kargbo, so he gets my vote for that.

As has been said, you can make a strong case for the majority of players on that list. Another season, and Clunis's 15 goals from midfield would make it a pretty straight forward decision, and he's not even in most peoples top fives. And whilst Beaney and Carew have both been excellent (Carew for his class and incredible moments, Beaney for consistently giving the attacking players the platform to do so), I think the team can just about cope without them. We missed Kargbo massively whilst he was out, and in the wing back system which kick started the season, Green is irreplaceable.

Regardless of what happens over the remaining games, for the first time since promotion it feels like the team doesn't need to be dismantled and rebuilt in the close season. Hope to see the majority of the current squad back next year, it's been a pleasure to watch them over the last six or seven months.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  7. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Totally agree. Already voted for Carew though.

AveryDave likes this.
  8. Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill Moving target

Carew, just for the goals - what else do you watch football for? I like Chambers for his elegance, composure & skill.

B.I.G likes this.
  9. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

10. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

Beaney

Cyclodunc likes this.
  11. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Voting closed at last home league game

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  12. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Shoulda been beaney

13. NPDHFC

NPDHFC In daß Haus

Beaney

Cyclodunc likes this.
  14. crocustim

Booo! ;-)

15. Dodger

Dodger Well-Known Member

Beaney

16. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Erhun.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  17. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

Lillington

the 12th man and B.I.G like this.
  18. crocustim

Methuselah

B.I.G likes this.
  19. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

spartacus

20. WillClunas

WillClunas Well-Known Member

Carew currently with a healthy lead over Leatherhead's Dan Murphy (who?) in this definitely totally 100% official poll: