1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supporters' Player of the Year

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by liamdhfc, Apr 12, 2017.

1. NoahGinger

NoahGinger Well-Known Member

Matt Drage

2. Jules P

Jules P #noprestonnoparty

Don't get me wrong... an honourable mention for my man Preston Edwards (he doesn't need me to say it on a forum!)... but Tomlin gave us Whitehawk!

AndyF likes this.
  3. vicarofsibley

vicarofsibley 80087355

Ash Carew.

pompeydunc and B.I.G like this.
  4. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Kargbo!
    His absence caused our worst run of form, and his presence allows all the others on the shortlist - in particularly Green and Carew - to play to their strengths because he's covering their deficiencies. Ultimate team player.

5. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

Mark Weatherstone for me. I like the guy and sense he's made a lot of difference off the field as well as on. Proper club man. Proper.

AveryDave and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  6. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

it has to be ash carew for his all round swaggering dandyness , a very close second , Kenny beaney for his industry in the middle , third, Nathan green for his rampaging runs down the left

pompeydunc and vicarofsibley like this.
  7. vicarofsibley

vicarofsibley 80087355

Same!

8. Pavel

Pavel Well-Known Member

Nathan Green for me. Been consistently the best player throughout the season in whatever system we've played. Looks a class above at this level, up and down all game and can whip in a decent cross.

Kagbo is a close second, we are much better as a team when he's playing. Not always standout but consistent and helps give freedom to other players such as Carew,Tomlin etc.

Carew third, obvious big moments and fantastic goals but not quite as consistent as the other 2.

AveryDave, Pthorne and B.I.G like this.
  9. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

"In whatever system".

pompeydunc likes this.
  10. mrs quoad

mrs quoad usage breakfast sausage breakfast sa

Insightful! :thumbs:

pompeydunc likes this.
  11. WillClunas

WillClunas Well-Known Member

Ashley Carew

pompeydunc and B.I.G like this.
  12. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

13. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

At left back?! Might have to look back at some of the goals conceded in August and September! He is a completely different player when he has less defensive responsibility, and deserves highly honourable mentions for that reason....but definitely not in "whatever system we've played".

14. Champion_hill

Champion_hill Well-Known Member

So hard as kenny and kargbo have been amazing, but Carew gets my vote. Has stepped up massively this season.

B.I.G likes this.
  15. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

I've been thinking this for some weeks now, and the number of names cropping up on this list reaffirms it: compared to last year I'm infinitely happier with the squad.
    Last summer it was a case of "The only players I'd say we definitely should try to keep are Pinnock, Drage, Nyren, Ash, Preston, but beyond that I don't really mind if they stay or go". Now however, there's probably 15 players on the "My God, we have to keep them" list.

AveryDave, Noss, Lyham and 2 others like this.
  16. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Carw would certainly get my vote as "most improved player", but as only Drage & Cunis were also regulars last season, and both were among our best three performers (along with Ethan Pinnock) IMO that's a bit irrelevant. On his day Carew is like a non-league Matt Le Tissier.

However, for sheer consistent excellence game in game out, both in technical ability, fitness and strength, commitment and effort, and for the difference it makes when he is or isn't available, I'll go for Ibrahim Kargbo.

17. AndyF

AndyF DHFC Beer Aficionado

Extremely difficult decision. Whitehawk was the game-changer this season and for 'that' double-save which kept us in it (and countless others) it's Preston Edwards. Bearing in mind I've only seen seven (away) games he's been excellent in all of them. Top bloke off the pitch too.

Carew second and Weatherstone third. All thirteen on that list have been amazing.

AveryDave and Jules P like this.
  18. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

Ash Carew for me (although granted my match attendance has been patchy!)

19. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Kargbo. The one that's missed most when he's not there. Nice to be spoilt for choice though.

20. vicarofsibley

vicarofsibley 80087355

I almost went for Kargbo and then decided that as him playing at our level is akin to a tiger hunting an elderly sloth, I left him out of my top 3 altogether.

Pink Panther likes this.
  21. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

O'Hara's not that old, he's just had a hard life.

22. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

With an abundance of choices, and taking the whole season into account, I'll go for Ash.

One name not mentioned so far but deserving an honourable mention in my opinion is Michael Chambers. Pre-Christmas he was a bit of a liability, prone to giving the ball away a bit too easily and probably was the root cause of a goal or two conceded. But I think he's stepped up immensely and works brilliantly with the others at the back, particularly Drage.

23. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Chambers is most improved. Very happy to see him playing so well. Is there a young player award?

24. vicarofsibley

vicarofsibley 80087355

Best hair, too.

takkforalt and Noss like this.
  25. YTC

YTC Human Man

Ash Carew for me.

B.I.G likes this.
  26. arisbmoro

arisbmoro New Member

Has to be Kenny Beaney for me. Doesn't get on the scoresheet often, but he is so important in the middle of the pitch.

Pthorne and YTC like this.
  27. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

Nathan Green

28. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

The Beaney

29. clog

clog have that you c

Drage. :D

30. jnrknight

jnrknight James Knight