1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supporters’ Trust raise £2,000 for the 12th Man Scheme and new retro shirt design released

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by DHST, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Well the way things are going the FC won't stand for 'Football Club'....

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Probably more because the rest of us wouldn't have given up on it with all the mudslinging and name calling.

3. clog

clog have that you c

Bang on

darryl likes this.
  4. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Bloody hell! What happened here?

I can only apologise for my part in it. I certainly won’t be repeating the experience - this sort of thing isn’t really me.

B.I.G maybe we should have a chat? I don’t think you and I have ever exchanged a single word in person.

darryl, clog, Blitzwalker and 3 others like this.
  5. AndyF

AndyF DHFC Beer Aficionado

Some things never change.

Some of you need to wind your necks in and stop the name calling. You wouldn't dare do it in person.

Channel the energy and passion where it's needed.

6. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

Well, well, well. dcdulwich has really shown his true colours here.

Being, err..... courteous, polite and reasonable in response to another supporter. How very dare he?!

darryl, Abanico, pompeydunc and 3 others like this.
  7. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Best done over a gallon of rum.

8. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

& a box of matches?

#askingforafriend :hmm:

9. Pink Panther

And as a bystander it's ruining far too many threads, to the point where the original topic just gets buried beneath a cesspit of moronic and irrelevant bile, and will ultimately damage the entire forum. I'm becoming increasingly disinterested in posting on here and I'll be surprised if I'm the only one.

10. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

My total lack of funds owing to a debt management plan makes big away days pretty much impossible.
    But this thread, including the new term "a banter" is like Sid Vicious in a pair of Adidas track suit bottoms, spilling rum everywhere whilst wearing a Jesus Loves You billboard.
    And, of course, that, if nothing else will make me save my pennies in a more adult way and at least get to a home game asap.

No doubt I'll return just in time for the departure of our free flowing goalscorer.

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It might be worth reminding folks of the 'ignore poster' function. Comes in handy when someone is being a permanently annoying tit.

12. YTC

YTC Human Man

might just be good if we took a bit of a stronger approach to NOT DE-RAILING THREADS OVER ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS?

Pink Panther and Cyclodunc like this.
  13. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I re-read the thread and if you take the dcdulwich and B.I.G beef out of it, which is all pretty incidental. Seems like a load of passive-aggressive people afraid to say what they really feel either in person or on the forum, as well as loads of people being holier-than-thou and condescending.

14. YTC

YTC Human Man

You'll wear that wooden spoon out soon.

15. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I don't know what that means :(

16. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Oh from stirring :D

Damn you YTC

You know im a man :D:eek: I stay out of the kitchen :hmm::thumbs:

YTC likes this.
  17. YTC

YTC Human Man

^ the above like was for everything bar the last sentence.

18. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Kevin Rye just tweeted that this is his favourite thread of the Internet.

editor likes this.
  19. Pink Panther

I'm aware of the ignore thread function. But it would be better not to need to use it.

I reckon a fair few people will just think "sod that" and give up rather than faffing around with "ignore" functions, which would be a shame in my view.

We had a 4-0 win on New year's day and the first post on the match thread didn't even mention our win, it was just a load of irrelevant tripe slagging off the opposition and their supporters.

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  20. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I won't bother in future :(

21. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I agree, but please stick with it as this can be a great forum, and one that is by far one of the liveliest on non league football. There's always going to be daft/annoying bun fights, but there's still plenty of good stuff here.

Pink Panther likes this.
  22. Pink Panther

I'm also well aware from experience how thankless a task it is to moderate a forum such as this. Come down too hard and you're a censorious killjoy; but the other side of the coin is that some people just take liberties. And it's often the same people who criticise either approach.

It would be nice if everyone could pull in the same direction, given our club's current situation. It's often remarked that social media has played a big part in getting our club to where it is now, and I fully believe that. It would be a great shame if it also became a destructive force.

23. clog

clog have that you c

Might be good if we took a stronger approach to out and out abusive behaviour.

24. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Since everyone yesterday was on such good form it made me in a much better mood. Certainly wanting to offer a formal apology to dcdulwich

Thank you for all your efforts for the club. Im sorry for being so rude to you.

No need to reply x good luck for the rest of the season x

25. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Peace and love

dcdulwich likes this.
  26. dcdulwich

Thanks anyway - and the same to you B.I.G

And just a reminder to everyone - with a long overdue reference back to the thread title - that today is the last day you can reserve one of the retro shirts that the Trust has commissioned. Details at the top of this thread and here: Merchandise update – Back up to full stock – Dulwich Hamlet Supporters' Trust

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 6:27 PM
    editor likes this.
  27. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Completely forgot about this...Can I reserve one please? No idea what size, apart from 'fat bastard'!

28. dcdulwich

Haha! I have passed on your request to the merch gurus. I’m sure they’ll exercise their judgement re the size.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 6:26 PM
    Dulwich Mishi likes this.