1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunfall Festival in Brockwell Park

Discussion in 'festivals' started by ska invita, Jan 21, 2016.

1. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Sunfall

No line up as yet but I think these people are involved:
    I see a metlaheadz logo and an outlook logo, so there will be drums and there will be bass!

======

"Party together by day, go your own way by night at one of our many late-night club sessions.

Reflecting the many sounds of London and beyond, Sunfall’s music policy will span jazz, electronica, house, hip hop, dubstep, techno, soul, drum & bass and disco."

2. ska invita

Okay, I see how it works
    You pay £55 which gets you in to the day time park festival and you ahve to choose an after party at one of 8 venues, each put on by a different crew (Dimensions, Metalehadz etc etc)

3. Brixton Hatter

Brixton Hatter edge of heaven

looks interesting, and it's local - cheers. Not sure I'd wanna do a whole night after being bang on it all day though - which makes it a bit expensive I guess.

Would like to see the line up. There seems to be a modern trend though: try and flog some tickets first, see what interest is like, then see if you can afford any big names!

Greebo likes this.
  4. ska invita

Hah I feel the same way... Daytime is fine but having to commit to a night time session feels a bit much .... Showing my age ;)

Greebo likes this.
  5. plurker

plurker tú no tienes la culpa mi amor que el mundo sea feo

6. ska invita

The day after is Euro 2016 Final day on the Sunday...would make for a nice hangover day ;)

7. ska invita

actually i think i could handle the afrobeat afterparty at the effra... :hmm:

plurker likes this.
  8. Rutita1

Rutita1 Perfectly Flawed

I see the spirit of spring is upon you :D

9. ska invita

:thumbs:
    winter is starting to drag... i need to make plans to cheer myself up and have something to look forward to :)

10. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

So it's coming back.

£20 tickets available from 14th Nov.

They seem to have erased some of the negative comments about long queues, silly drinks buying process, lack of loos and etc from their FB site.

11. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

wasnt it the truly awful 'Found Festival', a couple of weeks before that were guilty of that?

12. Fez909

Fez909 um...

Did anyone go to this? What was it like?

Considering this years'. The line up looks pretty fucking good, like

uk-0812-901165-902837-front.jpg

13. ska invita

the brockwell park festivals last summer seemed to be too quiet and with long lines for the bar... Not sure if this was any different.

14. Fez909

Fez909 um...

That doesn't sound good :/

15. ska invita

might be wrong - a few comments here Sunfall
    i think the council set volume levels.... if you look in the brixton forums here there are lots of posts from residents complaining about noise pollution from music in the park things.

Im inclined to believe moans like this, as it sounds like me :D

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  16. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

Hows the ground looking in Brockwell Park? i'm guessing all this rains not going to bode to well for Saturday.

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Some locals really aren't too chuffed about this event;

Mation likes this.
  18. drachir

drachir Well-Known Member

Have to say yesterday's rain has drained my enthusiasm for this somewhat. Still want to catch Larry Heard though.

19. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

Went to one, maybe this one, a couple of years ago and it was shite - too quiet, searching verging on sexual assault and good djs playing shite festival sets (ie obvious big tunes and boring dj tool bangers)

20. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

The main grass field is already churned up by lorry tyres.

21. drachir

This is a disaster then

22. Rutita1

Rutita1 Perfectly Flawed

My colleague is going. I will report back from her on Monday. :cool:

23. drachir

If she got in! If she arrived post 2pm it's unlikely

Rutita1 likes this.
  24. ricbake

ricbake working out how

Loads of unhappy twitter stuff about 3 hour queues to get in, searches practically "sexual assault" then more queues to get a drink or food #Sunfall Fail!

25. Rutita1

Rutita1 Perfectly Flawed

Oh... She was planning on going in late actually.

26. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

27. JTee

JTee Well-Known Member

It was an absolute shit show.

We queued from half 2 until about 4, probably weren't even half way and decided to sack it in and go to the pub. Went back at 6 and got in ok, only to find the Bar and toilet queues were huge, a friend queued over an hour for some food!

Been to dimensions a couple of times so was quite looking forward to this one. Luckily we only paid around £20 for our tickets on early bird, I think they were as much as £55!

28. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

I paid a tenner to a guy near the front of the que and he let me cut in. It was either that or go home.

It was ridiculous when got in, the place was empty with about 5000 waiting outside.

These London park festivals are a scam. ​

29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

30. mod

mod A modernist

Just read that via Twitter Mike and shared it with some mates. An accurate assessment.

We had tickets for the day only. Got there at 1.30PM full of excitement which very quickly vanished. Started walking to the back of the queue but realised the end wasn't anywhere in sight and it was chaos. Its was good natured at the point but I knew it wasn't going to remain like that. We tried to talk to the staff on the gate but they literally didn't give a shit. Their attitude was disgusting. Especially the female 'manager' who was obnoxious.

We decided to go to the pub for a couple of hours. Got back and the situation was worse. The police were involved and struggling to control the crowd. They were letting around 500 people at a time rush towards the gate, the staff were rushing those people through. Security checks were non existent but the queue was still stupidly long and now very bored, drunk and restless.

I decided to jump over and there were many others doing to same. I got caught and chucked out. Was expecting to but the indignation was getting the better of me and I was full of cider too. Tried to explain I had a ticket and the situation was getting dangerous outside.

Went back to the front to meet up with my crew again and we jumped into the rush of the next 500 the police let threw and got it but was gutted to only catch Roy Ayers final song.

The tents were half empty as most people were still outside and the volume was really really low. Too low.

Had a good evening in the end but what a joke.