Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

[Sun 6th Apr 2014] Streatham Common Kite Day (London)

RoyReed

Must fly!

RoyReed

Must fly!
The weather's not looking the best at the moment. The wind's OK, but it might be a bit wet. Was anyone planning on going?

weather.png

RoyReed

Must fly!
The forecast's looking worse - rain all day - could be a washout. :( If it is it will only be the second time in 16 years.

weather.png

ohmyliver

poppin' like a cork
I went with my daughter, couldn't find the people I was supposed to meet down there, and bloody lost my Samsung S3 with a years worth (thankfully mostly backed up on the cloud) of pictures of said daughter.

still, my daughter enjoyed almost walking and looking at the kites, and the dogs there...

Manter

Lunch Mob
It was bloody cold though!

And how does one end up as a professional flyer-of-kites-to-music??!!

editor

hiraethified
I decided to walk all the way there and all the way back, so now I am in need of refreshments.

The weather could have been a but sunnier but I don't imagine there'll be too many complaints about the wind, of which there was plenty.

RoyReed

Must fly!
It was bloody cold though!

And how does one end up as a professional flyer-of-kites-to-music??!!
Do you want me to give you lessons? And professional implies that you make money out of it. You're lucky if you get your petrol costs covered.

Cowley

Great day yesterday, both my daughters loved it and the weather was great, plenty of wind....pretty cold though!

Was a good turn out too, seemed fairly busy.

RoyReed

Must fly!
Kite flyers often describe the wind as having holes in it as well - the opposite of gusts - spaces in the air where the wind drops to zero.