Summer in Swansea

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by miss direct, Feb 26, 2019.

1. davesgcr

davesgcr Reading books

BIt rough round the edges in some places, but nice people (not biased at all , am I)

miss direct likes this.
  2. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

Go for a walk around Townhill. That’ll soon cure you.

(The beach is lovely on a nice day. You sound like you’re in the best bit. Visited Gower yet? That’s lovely too.)

miss direct, marty21 and davesgcr like this.
  3. Plumdaff

Plumdaff joy in people

Cycling up to Mumbles in this weather for an ice cream (or pint in The Pilot), how lovely :)

(If you did fancy a Cardiff trip I would try my best to finally be a bit urban sociable :))

4. davesgcr

davesgcr Reading books

Mumbles lost the iconic "Mermaid" pub some years ago (it burned down , along with some Dylan Thomas memorabilia) - spent ages trying to find it with my eldest some years back , as I wanted him to have an under age pint in there - (as I did , back in the day) .....in Swansea terms , "west is best" , along with total avoidance of the High Street at any time , and Wind Street on piss-up nights. (bar the "No-Sign Wine Bar", for devastating Harvey Wallbangers , again under age)

Thank you for the indulgence .....

Plumdaff and marty21 like this.
  5. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

The mumbles mile is not the same either, in the 80s , you had to do about 12/13 pubs and end up over refreshed at Cinderella's

6. davesgcr

davesgcr Reading books

Even more pubs in the mid 1970's - too many 18th Party celebrations that way , - to end up in Tiffany's or the Surf House. Sorry about the nostalgia- but great fun. The "Antelope" was always good fun.

The morning afters were not ...

marty21 likes this.
  7. existentialist

existentialist Girly swot

I just spent the day in Townhill, moving my stepdaughter in. Yeah, it's rough, but the views aren't bad :)

marty21 and davesgcr like this.
  8. davesgcr

davesgcr Reading books

As featured in 2 films decades apart - "That Uncertain Feeling" (based on the KIngsley Amis novel) , and of course "Twin Town" ......

marty21 likes this.
  9. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

I used to always drink Double Diamond in the Antelope , it was awful stuff , but I couldn't resist (may have called it Double Decker for personal lols :oops:)

10. davesgcr

davesgcr Reading books

We used to drink "lager top" , and if in funds - Pils (bottled) , - some people drank the drink of the devil "rum and black" - or God forbid "whisky and pep"

Glad to leave the 1970's for that purpose alone. Not so , for other reasons .....:)